Being an Android users has its benefits – especially in the realm of apps and choosing which one to use by Default. If you have a custom app that you've downloaded and want to disgnate it as the Default app instead of the stock app that comes with Android phones, then this post is for you.
A quick example of this is when you've downloaded Firefox and want to use it as you main browser app, but when you click a web link, it defaults back to the Android browser (most of the time Chrome).
In order change this behavior, follow these steps:
- Press the Menu button
- Select Settings icon
- Scroll down to Applications and tap it w/ your Finger
- Scroll down to Manage Applications (or Default Applications)
- Find the app you want to change and tap it
- Choose the App you want to replace with the Current selection
- Press the Home button to finish
You should now have changed the app that will popup for a certain function that you want to perform to your designated app.