When looking for a suitable Spiceworks Alternative or Replacement software, for either network device management or help desk ticketing system, there are quite a few software packages that will fit the bill. Some features we'll be looking for in a replacement will be as follows:
- Automatic Device/Hardware Discovery and Network Scanning
- Manage Devices from Central Location
- Manage Software Licensing and Inventory from Dashboard
- Scan with WMI or SSH (for Linux/Unix/MAC)
- Reports (Scheduled and Customizable)
- Easy to Use and Intuitive Interface
Spiceworks is very attractive to a lot of small firms and businesses due to its Free price tag – but on the other hand, it is fairly limited in terms of functionality and the constant bombardment of ads that it is supported by.
Below we'll go over the best replacements and alternatives to Spiceworks (some would say competitors) that you can implement into your network if you are ready to take the next step for network server Monitoring and help desk ticketing. Most software and tools below have either a Free version or a trial period to test out the features and functionality before making a decision on a software package.
Here's the Top Spiceworks Alternative and Replacements:
1. Solarwinds Server and Application Monitor
Solarwinds Server and Application Monitor has a very similar and easy to use Interface to Spiceworks, although it is an enterprise software solution that only boosts a 30 Day free Trial and then requires licensing thereafter. But nonetheless, it provides More options and features than Spiceworks offers and gives you a very granular and detailed overview of your network components, servers, routers, switches and any other devices within your network.
Features of Solarwinds server and application monitor include Automatic Mapping and Discovery of Applications and Systems within your network, Monitoring of Cloud based solutions (public and private), Pre-Built reporting and alerts, and even has an extensive template engine that allows your to import Nagios scripts to create custom monitoring templates.
Some features that Solarwinds SAM offer are as follows:
- Auto Application, Hardware, and Environmental Discovery
- Pre-Packaged Alerts and Monitoring Notifications
- Vmware and Hyper-V Support/Monitoring
- Pre-built templates for monitoring over 200+ Applications Natively
- Monitor Cloud and Local Hardware/Devices/Services (including services such as Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure and Rackspace)
- Exchange, IIS, SQL Server monitoring with AppInsight technology
- Capacity and Storage Planning
- and Much more…!
Official Website: http://www.solarwinds.com/server-application-monitor
Download a 30 Day Trial HERE: http://www.solarwinds.com/register/registrationb.aspx?program=857&c=701500000012m8b
PRTG Network Monitor not only gives you an inside look into your bandwidth and network, but also allows you to track and manage hardware devices, network devices, and other server and computer infrastructure. We have a great Tutorial on How to Setup PRTG and reviewed its major strong points as well!
Some main Features of PRTG are as follows:
- Customizable User Interface
- Automatic Maps and Network Diagrams
- Reports and Historical Statistics
- Hardware and Software Application Monitoring
- Mobile Apps for IOS, Android and Windows Phones for Remote Monitoring
- and much more…
Official Site: https://www.paessler.com/prtg
PRTG Unlimited Trial for up to 100 Sensors
3. ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine Application Manager gives you a breakdown of all applications and services within your Network and automatically maps them to their dependencies for further monitoring and analysis.
Application Manager uses 100 Performance metrics and indicators to monitor your applications, servers/hardware, and key components to ensure you are running at peak performance.
They boast a large list of applications that they support and can be easily integrated into their Service Desk module as well for Help desk functionality.
- Manage and Monitor up to 50,000 Servers and Applications
- Automatic Application Discovery and Mapping
- Multi-User Permissions
- Supports German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Hungarian, Japanese and Vietnamese Languages
- Native Android and iPhone App for Accessing Interface
- Automatic Fault Management and Remediation by Launching Programs or Restarting Services Automatically
- Robust Alerting System via Email, SMS, etc
Official Website: https://www.manageengine.com/products/applications_manager/
In conclusion, any one of these Spiceworks Alternative solutions from above is going to have the features and flexibility to make the transition smooth without losing any functionality or coverage.
Many of them have Free Trials and include have the ability to perform Help Desk functionality along with hardware monitoring and software and licensing cataloging. Grab one of the software packages from above and get started with one today.