The number of mobile devices worldwide stands at $15 billion as of 2021. From a business standpoint, this translates to tremendous opportunities to reach out to customers through mobile apps. It is estimated that mobile apps can generate over $935 billion in revenue by 2023.
Undoubtedly, that's a lot of opportunities to make steady revenue. However, you're also up against some stiff competition as you are competing with organizations from all over the world.
Here is our list of the best app store optimization platforms:
- AppTweak A popular ASO tool that uses proven data science processes to offer extensive insights such as keyword impact, competitor monitoring, market share seasonality, and more. These can optimize an app and position it as the leader within its segment.
- Asodesk A comprehensive ASO tool that provides the insights needed to grow and scale your app on both Apple and Android phones.
- Checkaso This analytical ASO tool provides the insights needed to optimize your app and, through it, increase visibility and revenue.
- Kumulos This mobile user engagement platform gives a 360-degree view of user experience and behavior to empower you to widen your customer base and expand your offerings to meet their preferences.
- Mobile Action This is an ASO and app marketing tool with advanced intelligence capabilities to generate the most relevant data for your business.
To stay ahead of your competitors and make a mark for your app, you need the relevant insights. Unfortunately, it is impossible to do this manually, and this is why you need App Store Optimization (ASO) tools.
While this may seem daunting at first, the good news is there are many app store optimization platforms that you can leverage to make your app well-suited for each of these app stores.
Let's now take a detailed look into each of these optimization platforms.
The best App Store Optimization Platforms
AppTweak is a popular App Store Optimization (ASO) tool that ensures that your apps are compatible with the app stores and meet their terms and conditions. Further, it also gives actionable insights into your app's performance, so you can make changes as needed.
- Uses Data Science for Accuracy AppTweak uses proven data science practices to gather and analyze data from different sources. The result is actionable insights based on deep learning algorithms that continuously evolve to present your business's most accurate and relevant data. In short, it generates the insights you need for appropriate decision-making.
- Transparent and Open A salient feature of AppTweak is that it describes the way this platform gathers data and calculates analytics from it. This transparency helps you understand the processes involved, so you can accordingly optimize the app.
- Simple Design Another highlight of AppTweak is its simple design that considers users' needs and capabilities. This intuitive design makes it ideal for users and ensures that it doesn't become overwhelming for anyone.
- Defines KPIs AppTweak analyzes similar apps in the Google PlayStore, and with this information, defines the KPIs for your app. Later, it collects user data and compares it with these established KPIs to understand the deviations and take appropriate measures for optimization.
- Advanced Monitoring AppTweak comes with many advanced features such as competition monitoring, measuring the impact of specific keywords, the number of downloads required to reach the top within your specified category, market share, demand seasonality, and ASO timeline and metadata. Such metrics can significantly help an organization to inch closer towards becoming the top app within the specific industry segment. Thus, these are some of the salient aspects of AppTweak.
Pricing: AppTweak comes in four pricing plans, namely,
- Starter – $58/month or $680/year. Ideally, for starting with ASO and boosting organic downloads.
- Pro – $166/month or $1,990/year. Supports optimization with advanced ASO and keyword insights.
- Guru – $249/month or $2,990/year. Provides market insights and helps with mobile advertising strategy.
- Power – $499/month or $5,990/year. It offers all the information you need to make the most of your app.
Download: Click here to start a free trial.
Asodesk is a comprehensive ASO tool that analyzes your app's performance and, accordingly, makes appropriate suggestions to improve your app's reach and performance.
- Unified Interface Asodesk offers a unified interface that integrates your app with many App Store Connect and Google Play Consoles. As a result, all your apps can be managed from a single interface. It eases your time and effort and helps you stay on top of all your apps' performance.
- Instant Reply Do you know how important it is to communicate with your visitors and customers? Such prompt responses can be a gamechanger for your business, and this is why Asodesk allows you to instantly view your app's ratings and respond to these reviews right away. Such immediate replies can help to improve a bad user experience and build an impressive reputation for your apps online.
- Automation If you have more than one app, managing and maintaining them can consume a ton of resources. This is where automation helps. With Asodesk's automation capabilities, you can automate many tasks such as responding to your user queries and reviews, improving availability and performance, and more.
- In-depth Insights Asodesk uses a proprietary algorithm to track the performance of your mobile app, user interactions, performance concerning competitors and against industry benchmarks, etc. This information can come in handy to grow and scale your business. Its organic intelligence data, in particular, provides valuable insights related to keywords and localization.
- Intuitive Dashboards The data generated by Asodesk is displayed through intuitive dashboards and charts, so you can quickly understand the patterns and make the necessary changes to boost your app's performance. The best part is all this data is displayed in real-time, so you can stay on top of trends and events as they occur. This feature can come in handy while troubleshooting. Thus, these are some of the features of Asodesk.
Pricing: Asodesk offers three plans for optimization, and they are:
- Startup ASO – Starts at $41.6/month billed annually. It is a good starting point to build a semantic core and track your performance in real-time.
- Pro ASO – Starts at $84.1/month billed annually and is ideal for scaling new markets.
- Business ASO – Starts at $169.1/month billed annually and provides detailed insights into competitors and traffic sources.
Download: Click here to get started.
Checkaso is a comprehensive platform that provides detailed analytics, using which you can optimize your app and scale it to new markets and geographies.
- Keyword-specific Analytics A highlight of Checkaso is that it provides keyword-specific analytics, so you can accordingly tweak your organic and paid media efforts. It also suggests the highly relevant keywords for your app, ranks them by usage, and generates up-to-date metrics on them all.
- Boosts visibility Checkaso boosts visibility with the correct text and content that accurately describes your app's functionality. The choice of words suggested is also enticing for visitors to try out your offering. It even translates the text into different locales and languages for a touch of personalization.
- Competitor Analysis While it's always good to know your progress, it also helps track your competitors' performance to strategize accordingly. Checkaso gathers insights into your competitors and their performance. It tracks up to 20 competitors and provides live search results for your understanding. With Checkaso, you can also compare any two apps on the same screen.
- Manages Ratings and Reviews Checkaso makes it easy to manage your ratings and reviews. You can read it as soon as a user posts to them and troubleshoot your app or make any changes to it. You can view these reviews at any time, filter through them, get information about competitors' ratings, and more.
- Supports Automation Automation saves a lot of time and effort in doing repetitive tasks, and Checkaso provides the optimization processes that can handle them for you. This way, you can focus your efforts on essential strategies and implementations. You can even organize apps quickly in the workspace and group them based on different attributes such as keywords for greater efficiency.
- Cross-platform and Team Checkaso can be used across platforms and teams. It has many suggestions for Indie developers that are different from the metrics provided to game developers. Likewise, publishers and agencies get a whole new set of relevant metrics. The idea here is to give different teams the information they need to make optimized decisions. Thus, these are some of the salient features of Checkaso.
Pricing Checkaso has four pricing plans, and they are as follows.
- Startup – $24/month. It is ideal for getting started and getting a feel of Checkaso's optimization and insight-generation capabilities.
- Growing business – $62/month. This plan works well for a growing company looking to get a wider organic reach and wants to reach new markets.
- Publisher and Agency – $126/month. This is an all-inclusive ASO plan that comes with assistance from experts.
- Enterprise. Cost on request. This is a custom plan to meet the needs of individuals or organizations.
Download Click here to start a 7-day free trial.
Kumulos is a mobile app engagement platform that strives to provide a hyper-personalized experience for users based on their experience and behavior on your app. It also helps widen your customer base and quickly expand into newer markets.
- Push Notifications App owners have to go all out to engage with customers, given today's intense competition in the mobile market. The excellent news is Kumulos supports push notifications. So you can continue to engage with your customers and offer them the most relevant information that would make them visit your app. These notifications can be guiding, inspiring, and irresistible!
- Geo-targeting Kumulos makes it easy to use geo-fences and Bluetooth beacons to provide contextual messages highly relevant to your users. For example, let's say you're a clothing app, and your user is visiting a cold place. You can immediately showcase warm winter wear as a push notification, thereby boosting the chances for your user to buy one from your store right away.
- Audience Segmentation Providing a hyper-personalized user experience requires gathering extensive information about each user, and Kumulos handles that for you. It combines user behavior with their attributes and information to segment your audiences into small groups, so you can create marketing campaigns that will be well-received by them.
- Prompts and Opt-ins Kumulos offers customizable prompts with permission overlays to boost the chances for opt-ins. It also suggests appropriate content based on user preferences, so a meaningful conversation is more likely to kickstart.
- Web-to-App Banners Web-to-app banners help drive users from your website to the app so that you can have greater engagement with them. Kumulos offers these web-to-app banners that, in turn, can lead to a highly engaged mobile audience. Thus, these are some of the capabilities of Kumulos, and it sure gives an idea of what it can do for your business.
Pricing: Kumuls has a flexible pricing plan with no contracts or minimum prices. It is a pay-as-you-go plan to start with a small amount and increase your budget as you grow.
Download: Click here to try it for free.
5. Mobile Action
Mobile Action is an all-in-one ASO and app marketing platform with intelligence capabilities to give the most relevant data for you. Using this accurate data, you can create and run marketing campaigns to boost your downloads and revenue.
- ASO Intelligence This tool provides all the insights you need, such as the performance of your keywords, competitors, marketing campaigns, and more, to help you understand the current state of operations and what you can do to reach your goals. It even tests every part of your app, including its keyword optimization strategies, and makes relevant suggestions that can come in handy for you.
- Market Intelligence Mobile Action determines the most relevant metrics for your industry, gathers them, and presents the same to you in a visually appealing way to enable data-driven decisions. In this sense, it positions your app as a leader using accurate and reliable data.
- Ad Intelligence This tool analyzes the efficiency of your marketing campaigns and provides the essential metrics to evaluate the performance of each campaign. You can make the necessary tweaks to improve their reach and efficiency using this information. It even generates top-ten lists of publishers, advertisers, etc., to help you create the most high-performing campaigns.
- SDK Intelligence Mobile Action provides a list of SDK technologies used by apps similar to yours. Using this information, you can understand how your competitor apps are built and how they function, and if relevant, you can adopt the same as well. Thus, these are some of the types of metrics and information provided by Mobile Action.
To conclude, App Store Optimization is the process of identifying metrics and gathering relevant data about them, so you can make data-driven decisions that will widen your customer base, boost your downloads, and increase your overall sales and revenue.
While the metrics you need will vary based on the nature of your mobile app and the industry in which you operate, the tools mentioned in this guide are designed to give the information you need for improving your overall performance.
We hope this was informative for you, and please feel free to read through our other guides as well.