Data is considered one of the greatest assets of any business. When data is misplaced or disappears from the system, the whole workflow gets devastated. It shows that data is the only thing that no one should ever mess up within the organization. However, one way to secure your data includes Backup as a Service (BaaS). Let’s talk about this software in detail.
Here is our list of the best Backup as a Service (BaaS) Tools:
- NinjaOne Backup – FREE TRIAL Offers a range of backup strategies from a cloud platform that is structured for use by MSPs and includes storage for repositories. Start a 14-day free trial.
- Vembu Cloud BDR Suite – FREE TRIAL A SaaS platform that provides specialized editions for different resources, such as servers, and cloud productivity suites. Start a 30-day free trial.
- N-able Cove Data Protection Provides protection service for servers, workstations, crucial business documentation, and Microsoft 365.
- Ottomatik.io A cloud storage that stores backup either on the hoster storage platform or your amazon s3 account.
- Nextiva Secures your business and you acquire continuous data backup and Cloud storage.
- BackBlaze Business Backup A relatively reliable and effortless online backup service for your business.
- CrashPlan Pro Makes you feel confident about your business information being backed up safely because of unlimited storage.
- iDrive Effortlessly restores the files even if they are lost.
- Carbonite Computer Backup Offers services that keep your data protected with the help of the Cloud.
- SOS Online Backup for Business You can back up all the files you have in your business.
What is Backup as a Service?
Backup as a Service is known by several distinctive names like Online Backup Service or Cloud Backup. It is the method of regularly backing up the offside data, including the files, folders, or entire copies of hard drives to a remote secure cloud-based data repository over a network connection. The vendors of BaaS provide pre-written software for activities taking place on the servers. These activities include user authentication, database management, push notifications, remote updating, cloud storage, and hosting.
It offers the purpose of protecting both the business or personal information from loss due to user error, hacking, or other technological disasters. BaaS does not perform a backup with a centralized or on-premises IT department. Instead, they tend to connect their system with a private, public, or hybrid cloud usually managed by other providers.
How Does Backup as a Service Work?
The Backup as a Service works in the following ways:
- First, you need to purchase and sign up for the software.
- Then, you need to select the services you want to backup. For example, if you’re going to Backup data from Microsoft Office 365, you are required to choose SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, or Onedrive for Business.
- After the selection process, you will witness that the changes in the data, like adding new data to the service, are backed up automatically and quite instantly.
Note: You can make the necessary selection once.
Why Is Backup as a Service Important
Data is astonishing regularly, and so, it is essential to protect them from losing. It is also estimated that around 463-exabyte data is going to be created every day by 2025. Therefore, users expect appropriate access to the data within a given timeframe. And, sturdy backup policy enables them to backup and restore their data, thereby protecting it from potential loss.
Since you don’t have to manage or maintain the backup infrastructure, a BaaS system minimizes management costs and time spent. Additionally, during the pandemic, people witnessed a 400 percent increase in data theft and deletion by cybercriminals. Not only that but it was also speculated that around 63 percent of successful attacks are from internal users. It drastically impacted the business economically and for months.
Therefore, businesses of all sizes should be well-prepared for outrages or data deletion events. Having a BaaS enabled in their system, many organizations have prevented themselves from losing vital data, extended disruptions, and disastrous recovery times. It is considered the best option when it comes to smooth and faster working conditions.
Benefits of Backup as a Service
Digital data and applications are the primary drivers of business growth. Deployment of the BaaS strategy is essential to protect these data from the devastating impact of malicious data theft or negligent data loss. Hence, you tend to enjoy several benefits that include:
- Convenience – The BaaS solution offers absolute convenience. Since the answer is automated, the information gets saved by default when it streams in. the organization doesn’t have to keep, label, and track the data manually. Hence, you tend to work without having any worries related to the loss of data.
- Affordable – BaaS is less expensive than safe drives, tapes, or other hardware and software elements required to perform the backup. The media on which the backups are stored, transporting media to a remote location, and the IT labor are necessary for managing and troubleshooting backup systems.
- Recovers EffortlesslyB – When the data is lost or deleted because of multiple levels of redundancy, you can effortlessly locate it. Here, we mean storing multiple copies of data to a distinct location from the term numerous redundancies. You should know that the more stored levels, the better because every level safeguards your data against loss. Hence, you can effortlessly access a backed-up version of data if it ever gets lost.
- Safety – BaaS keeps your data safe from the threats caused by hackers, natural disasters, and user error. It is because this data gets encrypted that it minimizes the risk your data can incur.
Best Backup as a Service Tools
Today, there are multiple tools available to backup your data. Therefore, you can now discard your old storage tools and stop being worried about your data. Let’s learn each of the Backup as a Service tool in detail.
NinjaOne Backup is delivered from a cloud platform that offers a range of service desk systems. The location of the host means that this BaS system is not bound by a network and can be used to backup devices anywhere in the world. You can centralize the management of multiple sites in one account and also include the devices of work-from-home employees. The platform is built on a multi-tenanted architecture, so managed services can keep the data for different clients separate with sub-accounts.
- Covers multiple sites in one account with multi-business options
- Includes the individual computers of remote workers
- Implements multi-layer backup strategy
- User portal for recovery on demand
- Cloud storage included
The Backup plans for NinjaOne include storage space. However, this is not your only option for repository location. Back up locally, or on a remote site as well as on the NinjaOne cloud to provide convenience and speedy recovery as well as extra security.
- Simple and easy-to-use admin dashboard
- Can silently install and uninstall applications and patches while the user works
- Patch management and other automated maintenance tasks can be easily scheduled
- Platform agnostic web-based management
- Lacks support for mobile devices
Free trial: Start a 14-day free trial.
Website Link: https://www.ninjaone.com/backup/
Vembu Cloud BDR Suite is a SaaS system that offers backup and recovery packages that cater to AWS, Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Windows Server, Windows PCs, Macs, Linux servers, and applications, such as databases.
Vembu Cloud BDR Suite has the following features:
- Compression to maximize storage space
- Encryption protection with the AES-256 cipher
- Database backups with instance-wide or table-level recovery
- File backups for servers and desktops running Windows, macOS, and Linux
- A backup solution for AWS EC2 with a free version for up to 10 instances
The system extracts data files, compresses them, and encrypts them to form a backup repository. It is possible to file a library of versions to provide rollback points. The system can also be provided as an on-premises package for Windows Server and Linux. Vembu offers a multi-tenant version of the Cloud BDR Suite for use by MSPs.
- Offers a full suite of BDR tools
- Supports full and incremental backups
- Leverages agentless technology to perform backups with minimal performance impact
- Supports offsite backups
- Better suited for small to medium-sized networks
Free trial: You can access a 30-day free trial.
Website Link: https://www.vembu.com/cloud-service-provider/
3. N-able Cove Data Protection
N-able Cove Data Protection provides protection service for servers, workstations, crucial business documentation, and Microsoft 365. All these services are managed from a centralized web-based dashboard. Since the backup created is for the cloud, it optimizes fast and efficient data transfer, reducing network bandwidth usage. In addition, they have storage included in the private cloud along with 17 data centers worldwide.
N-able Cove Data Protection provides the following features to its customers:
- First, it tends to protect the data, no matter wherever it is.
- Second, it reduces human error and improves efficiency.
- Third, it can outsmart ransomware with the help of direct-to-cloud backups.
- Finally, it delivers a higher level of services.
Since it is all about recovery, N-able provides a wide variety of recovery options from a single backup. It includes bare metal restores, physical-to-virtual recovery, continuous recovery, and recovery to your alternative locations or Azure.
- Cloud-based backup solution
- Can backup the individual VMs, or the entire server
- A simple console helps highlight important issues
- Supports multiple vendors and backup locations
- Designed for larger networks and system administrators
Website Link: https://www.n-able.com/products/cove-data-protection
Ottomatik.io is cloud storage that stores backup either on the hoster storage platform or your amazon s3 account. It enables you to run recurring jobs as and when you have schedules. The platform is relatively secure as it encrypts sensitive data with the help of Public Key Authentication and SSL encrypted network communications.
The features of Ottomatik.io are:
- It saves your time by providing database insurance in just 2 minutes.
- It protects your database 24/7.
- It recovers immediately and keeps you from mitigating disasters.
- You can integrate your storage servers where your backup files will be stored.
You can add unlimited servers to your account based on the operations conducted over the battle-tested SSH protocol. Furthermore, its sturdy yet straightforward search capabilities help you to find a particular job history effortlessly. Moreover, it also enables you to create individual logins for every member of your team. Finally, it also offers real-time and summary notifications for successful and failed jobs configured according to your preference.
When you add Webhooks provided by Ottomatik.io, you integrate the existing system, improving job status.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Great for quick backups
- Ideal for recovering small environments quickly
- Not the best option for larger networks
Website Link: https://ottomatik.io/
With Nextiva, your business is secure, and you acquire continuous data backup and Cloud storage. It is affordable and effective and takes your business wherever you go without any kind of hassle or worry of leaving anything behind.
The features offered by Nextiva are:
- It easily syncs files.
- It has 128-bit SSL encryption.
- It is entirely redundant.
- It shares data by utilizing a simple URL.
- It enables team collaboration.
- You can access your data from anywhere around the world.
- It securely transfers the data.
Locations do not at all matter when everything is stored in the Nextiva Cloud. You can carry your data everywhere and automatically obtain backups right from your devices. The software also ensures that your business data files are encrypted and transferred to the cloud securely. The data centers tend to use mirrored devices on secured services, making you feel calm and relaxed.
- Offers continuous backup across multiple cloud platforms
- Automatically encrypts files in transit
- Easy to setup – great for non-technical users
- Offers robust team features and access controls
- The interface could use improvement
Website Link: https://nextiva.com
6. BackBlaze Business Backup
BackBlaze Business Backup is a relatively reliable and effortless online backup service for your business. It can backup all the critical information on your desktop or laptop and keep it safe on both devices. It restores and rolls back your Hard Drive for free. It tends to send a hard drive with your business data encrypted on it. It also offers its customers a 30-day rollback to ensure that every computer is well-protected.
The features offered by BackBlaze Business Backup involves:
- You can store unlimited data on this device.
- It automatically threads and throttles the data.
- It provides you with a 30 days rollback history.
- It has central administration.
- It restores data using mail.
- It offers rapid speed and is relatively fast.
- Very easy to use – great for casual users
- Simple interface with visual indicator of transfer speed
- Can configure backup times, speeds, and limits
- Offers default 30 days of rollback – great for incremental backups
- Enterprise networks might want more features
Website Link: https://backblaze.com
7. CrashPlan Pro
CrashPlan Pro makes you feel confident about your business information being backed up safely because of unlimited storage. As a result, you tend to work with a solution that enables you to scale the growth of your business effortlessly.
CrashPlan Pro offers the following features:
- It is a lightweight and continuous protection software.
- It encompasses unlimited storage.
- You can customize file retention in this device.
- It enables ransomware recovery.
- It has external drive protection.
- It has intelligent protection, which means it first protects the files you are currently working in.
- It helps you to restore files from any computer.
This data protection solution is ever-ready to protect your data from any type of threat without any worries. In addition, they provide you with customizable, continuous, and scheduled backups.
Constant backup means a large number of files. However, CrashPlan Pro keeps considering this point and deletes older file versions automatically as time passes.
- Simple yet intuitive interface
- Native data visualization
- Offers manual, scheduled, and continuous backup options
- Can automatically delete older files to free up space
- Can take time to fully explore all features
Website Link: https://www.crashplan.com/en-us/
When the data is backed up on the Cloud with iDrive, you tend to feel calm as your information is secured. It effortlessly restores the files even if they are lost. Furthermore, it automatically backups your data so that you do not have to keep reminding yourself of this responsibility.
The features of iDrive are:
- It provides data backup from multiple computers and devices.
- It consists of business compliance like Private key encryption for HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, etc.
- You can combine or share data through the mail.
- The data effortlessly get synchronized through computers, mobile, and the web.
- It manages your computer from anywhere around the world.
- It has external Hard Drives and NAS devices.
- It helps you to open files and network drive backups.
You tend to get a unique combination of Cloud Storage and Cloud backup. Moreover, you acquire unlimited cloud storage space as you get in cloud backup. It has airtight privacy and security, which overall makes it the best backup product.
- Supports multiple compliance standards such as HIPAA and SOX
- Supports cloud and local NAS storage
- Includes file sync to update old or duplicate files
- Great for small businesses
- Not ideal for enterprise networks
Website Link: https://idrive.com
9. Carbonite Computer Backup Core
Carbonite Computer Backup offers services that keep your data protected with the help of the Cloud. You can access information stored on up to 25 business computers only when added to the cloud. A person having permission to access the device will be provided with secure Carbonite logins. This way, only those can access the information who have access to these essential logins.
The features of Carbonite Computer Backup Core are:
- It only provides backup on up to 25 computers.
- It also includes ransomware recovery.
- It has FERPA, HIPAA, and GLPA support.
- It includes Carbonite Cloud Deployment.
- You can access files remotely.
- It has centralized management and admin controls.
- Focuses on creating reliable HIPAA-compliant backups
- Offers protection for accidental deletion
- Data is protected with HIPPA-compliant levels of encryption
- Supports network-level backups and incremental restores
- Better suited for larger networks
Website Link: https://www.carbonite.com/
10. SOS Online Backup for Business
With SOS Online Backup, you can back up all the files you have in your business. It means that you don’t have to pick or choose any of the data. Whatever device you have, you can have access to SOS Online Backup for business effortlessly. It has a highly secure cloud backup solution with little or no restrictions. It protects the business and keeps it within arms reach inside the Cloud.
The features of SOS Online Backup for Business are:
- It enables data backup in almost every device.
- It is a hundred percent secure and private.
- It has an optional Per-Use encryption key.
- The files in this device never get deleted.
- Great user interface – easy to see top-level insights
- Includes per-user encryption – great for granular security policies
- Can filter files based on type (music, images, video, etc)
- Ideal for SMBs
- Not the best option for enterprise networks
Website Link: https://www.sosonlinebackup.com/activate/
BaaS allows you to access your business information from anywhere around the world with a proper internet connection. It means you take your protected data anywhere you go. Therefore, the task of selecting a Backup as a Service tool should not be taken lightly. Also, keep unwanted elements and people away from your data since it can be relatively risky for you.