In the beginning, people had a handful of passwords to unlock web applications. But with time and new web applications, the need for more passwords emerged, and people started finding it difficult to remember them. For most people, it is really hard to remember each credential. Thus, they started reusing the same password for multiple web applications. As a result, cybercriminals found it easy to crack or use the old password to breach data.
Here is our list of the best enterprise password management solutions:
- N-able Passportal Provides cloud-based services and helps generate strong credentials. Also, one can track changes using audit trails.
- Keeper Enterprise Password Manager The dark web monitoring features and password managers ensure that all your information associated with the password is safe and secure.
- ManageEngine Password Manager Pro The software is compatible with all operating systems, including MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc., and supports running on Windows and Linux servers as well.
- IT Glue A world-class, cloud-based service that monitors software, stores and manages passwords, and more for MSPs and in-house IT departments.
- Passbolt Cloud A password manager available on-premises and as a cloud service. It provides enhanced security to all company resources such as servers, applications, networks, and more.
- Dashlane A cloud-based software that provides a password manager for personal use. The software helps store all the user information in an encrypted vault accessible through any device or location.
- CyberArk A security suite that helps manage and secure the passwords of your privileged accounts. It helps various organizations meet internal requirements and IT standards.
- LastPass A password manager with a web interface. The password management solution helps store encrypted passwords online.
- Bitwarden An open-source software that limits exposure and maintains security. It is available in a free version for personal users and is paid for by businesses and workplaces.
Later, a few instructions were given to users, such as creating long and strong passwords to resolve this issue. Also, the concept of password managers came into practice. A password manager is a tool that helps generate strong and unique passwords for users to unlock web applications. After generation, these passwords are saved in a centralized vault. The password manager handles and keeps a record of all the login credentials encrypted with a single master password.
As a user, you must keep in mind only one password to access all the data. Furthermore, the Password Manager has various benefits. The powerful tool also helps in the automatic filling of the forms, enforcing strong password policies, and more. Learn more about Password Management Solutions and how using them can benefit your enterprise.
Why You Should Use a Password Manager?
Passwords protect some of the most sensitive information of a business. Luckily, practicing password management solutions can help save your business from big threats. Here are some of the common reasons why one must use a password manager for their business.
No Need to Memorize Passwords Anymore: It is okay if you forget the list of passwords. With password managers, you only need to keep in mind the master password. This password will further help you unlock the password vault. Also, if you have access to a cloud-based password manager, you can use a password vault from any location.
Auto-generates Highly Secure Passwords: The tool suggests an auto-generated password when a user tries to sign up or create an account. The auto-generated passwords are generally long, alphanumeric, include characters, and are difficult to guess. As a result, it reduces the chance of attackers cracking the account.
Alert about a Phishing site: Attackers make sure that the spam emails look as if coming from a legitimate sender. But, the link provided in the mail is spoofed or contains malicious content to harvest login credentials. If you opt for password managers, the powerful tool will not allow you to fill in the fields and will save you from phishing sites.
Best Enterprise Password Management Solutions
Choosing from a wide range of password managers available online is a big task. Thus, to make it easier for an enterprise, we have shortlisted top password management solutions that will help store, monitor, and manage all your passwords. Also, notify administrators in real-time if any unusual activity happens. Compare the software listed below based on its pros and cons before making the tough call.
1. N-able Passportal
Passportal works best for managed service providers and IT departments. It is a product of N-able that provides cloud-based services and helps generate strong credentials. Also, one can track changes using audit trails.
Weak passwords are quite easy to crack. Thus, choose software that generates strong passwords and stops cybercriminals from entering your networks. It will also help your business from getting compromised. Also, with Passportal, your employees no longer have to fear forgetting passwords. Most companies currently use N-able Passportal as it helps eliminate unsafe password storage. It saves all the credentials in an encrypted format in a safer place. Therefore, with an N-able Passportal, one can retrieve credentials when needed.
The powerful tool provides various templates to ease the processes and knowledge sharing. It is one of the best tools that has helped eliminate hacking and data exposure for many years. You can also securely share a password between technicians without any stress or fear. Furthermore, the technical teams can perform faster using the platform. It is one of the efficient password management solutions that support features like auditing, credential injection, password change automation, and reporting.
- Installing software on the site is not mandatory
- Provides Active Directory, Azure servers, and LDAP implementations
- Offers a common interface
- Centralized password management
- Supports enforced password rotation
- Helps generate strong passwords
- Automates password updates with Passportal
- Autofill features are available
- Helps perform audit
- Allows password resets
- Supports auto-discovery feature
- Supports compliance reporting
- Allows generating their own encryption key
- Helps in managing security risks
- Saves time by providing instant client knowledge
- Helps meet compliance requirements
- Help monitor activities and track issues
- Not beneficial for smaller networks
- Documentation section is restricted and constrained
Website Link: https://www.n-able.com/products/passportal
2. Keeper Enterprise Password Manager
Keeper has been in practice for decades. The dark web monitoring features and password managers ensure that all your information associated with the password is safe and secure. It also supports third-party audits for more assurance and data protection. With Keeper, the user can add multiple passwords, but the tool is limited to only one device. Also, you need to upgrade the premium plan to access some of its additional features like cross-platform syncing, record sharing, etc.
They are another top password management solution that will help maintain logins and keep passwords secure. Users no longer have to remember multiple unique passwords to access different web applications. It allows generating strong and long passwords apart from password storage. Also, one can use Keeper’s browser extension to autofill the forms with a click.
Keeper Enterprise Password Manager is a trusted tool that supports messaging features, zero-knowledge protocols, one-on-one training from experts, and more. It is a great tool for individuals and businesses.
- Provides actively managed security
- Discover and alert users on account takeovers
- Provides detailed audit
- Provides a secure password vault separately
- No limitation on the number of registrations
- Supports team management functions
- Allows user roles and permission
- Supports two-factor authentication
- Reporting modules help spot unusual activities instantly
- Premium plan includes record sharing features
- Paid plans include cross-platform syncing
- Supports Biometric authentication
- Allows third-party audits for assurance
- Only SaaS subscription model is available
- Needs to work on autofill feature for different browsers
- Free version of Keeper Enterprise Password Manager is available for a single device
- Dark web monitoring and file storage require expensive add-ons
- Users have reported crashes and difficulty in launching in some cases.
Website Link: https://www.keepersecurity.com/en_GB/enterprise.html
3. ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
If you are looking for a password management solution for on-premises software, look no other than ManageEngine Password Manager Pro. You do not require additional remote storage space as it is not a cloud service. The software is compatible with all operating systems, including MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc., and supports running on Windows and Linux servers as well. It is one of the best tools to administer passwords and monitor resources within the organization. It provides a secure vault to manage and protect all sensitive data against attackers.
ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is one of the popular tools used by many enterprises as it helps remove security lapses, improves IT productivity, provides real-time alerts, and more. Users can save all the crucial information in a centralized vault and stay assured they are in safe hands. The tool also allows automatic password reset of servers, devices, and other resources. ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is quick at spotting suspicious account activity via constant monitoring. If you are looking for a similar tool, do not think twice. At present, many top multinational companies rely on Password Manager Pro to manage privileged passwords and control access to IT resources and applications.
- Password Manager Pro is compatible with Windows and Linux servers
- Compatible with all operating systems, including macOS, Unix, Oracle, and Sybase
- Synchronizes better with Active Directory and LDAP implementations
- Supports password rotation for nominated accounts
- Provides constant monitoring and logging
- Allows periodic password resets
- Supports multi-factor authentication
- Works great with MSP environments
- Documentation Management
- Credential Management
- Supports auditing functions
- Eliminates security lapses
- Provides automatic reset features
- Automates frequent password changes for vital systems
- Offers detective security controls
- Provides real-time alerts
- Helps meet regulatory compliance
- Not beneficial for smaller networks
4. IT Glue
IT Glue is a world-class, cloud-based service that monitors software, stores and manages passwords, and more for MSPs and in-house IT departments. The software supports an array of integrations and comprises a secure password vault hosted by the server. One can easily connect to Active Directory using IT Glue's interface. It will help read all the access rights from AD and further import them to the interface. N-able, ConnectWise, etc., are a few products that support integration with IT Glue.
Another feature that makes IT Glue a better choice is access tracking and SOC 2 compliance. The tool can discover at-risk accounts in real-time and update the administrators instantly. Also, with the SOC 2 compliance feature, you are always sure that your accounts are in safe hands. Furthermore, rather than sharing passwords by switching between applications, you can store them in a SOC 2 Type2 compliant tool.
Basic, Business, and Enterprise are the three editions of IT Glue. However, all three editions support password management features.
- It is a Self Service Portal
- IT Glue helps save time
- Provides Relationship Mapping
- Provides support systems for MSPs
- IT Glue comprises a secure password vault
- Syncs with Active Directory
- Supports access tracking
- Offers various templates
- Documentation Management
- Credential Management
- Adds Transparency
- Provides collaboration in real-time
- Version control features
- Helps in tracking changes made to the document
- Exploring IT Glue’s features, options and add-ons can be time consuming
Website Link: https://www.itglue.com/features/password-vault/
5. Passbolt Cloud
Passbolt is a password manager available on-premises and as a cloud service. It provides enhanced security to all company resources such as servers, applications, networks, and more. Comparing the two versions, the cloud version is slightly better as it helps eliminate passwords from premises before any mishap takes place. One can also create user accounts using the Passbolt console. The powerful tool supports various features, such as end-to-end encryption, two-factor authentication, etc. It also helps automate passwords using the JSON API.
- Supports end-to-end encryption
- It is a self-hosted software
- A fully open source
- Provides Enhanced security
- Works great with Teams & DevOps
- Follows open security standards
- Automate passwords using JSON API
- Free Community Version is available
- On-premises installations are free
- Multi-factor authentication support
- A 30-day trial period is not enough
- Uses Google and AWS servers for fully hosted plans
Website Link: https://www.passbolt.com/
Dashlane is a cloud-based software that provides a password manager for personal use. The software helps store all the user information in an encrypted vault accessible through any device or location.
You can get access to secure storage space with Dashlane. The software is comprised of various features such as password generator, auto-fills, two-factor authentication, and more that make it one of the best choices for businesses. Also, the tool is compatible with various platforms like Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
It has been a mainstay for many years in the passwords manager space. It is available to users in the free version but to access premium features and sync across all devices, you need to switch to the paid version. One can use the software on a single device using the free version. It uses 256-bit AES encryption, two-factor authentication, and biometric identification to keep your accounts safe at all times. Also, you have access to tweak the password length and generate strong passwords. Features like storing credit card details for quick orders, securing notes, etc., play a great role in organizing and securing the digital life. There’s only one downside to Dashlane, i.e., the interface needs to be more organized.
- Dashlane is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices
- Scans all web pages to protect against malware
- Supports autofill features for payment and other forms
- Store all card details, ID details, and receipts securely
- It has a built-in password generator
- Stores password in the cloud
- Provides secure sharing of passwords or notes
- Supports two-factor authentication
- Supports biometric authentication
- Dark web monitoring
- Sync data across all devices
- Export Data is easy
- Supports 256-bit AES encryption
- Need to work on support for browser-based features
- Apps require a little fine-tuning
Website Link: https://www.dashlane.com/business/pricing
CyberArk is a security suite that helps manage and secure the passwords of your privileged accounts. It helps various organizations meet internal requirements and IT standards. Available as on-premises or as a cloud service, the tool comprises various benefits. CyberArk helps build and generate a detailed audit report for all privileged account documents. It allows auto-discovery scanning to locate resources that demand access management. The centralized policy management of the software helps set policies for password complexity. Also, the privileged access security tool is available to users in Standard and Advanced editions. It provides Advanced Threat Protection, Confidential File Security, Industrial Control Systems Security, Biometric Authentication, and more.
- Helps maintain full centralized audit
- Insider Threat Protection
- Provides Confidential File Security
- Automates the lifecycle management processes
- Flexible and versatile
- Supports Industrial Control Systems Security
- Provides Advanced Threat Protection
- Best for compliance needs
- Provides SSO and Adaptive MFA
- Supports Biometric Authentication
- One of the easiest to implement password management solution
- Enforcement of custom credential policies is easy
- Available as an on-premise solution
- CyberArk Vault prices are not available to the public. Get in touch with the sales team for more details on pricing.
- User Behavior Analytics tools are complex for individual users.
LastPass is a password manager with a web interface. The password management solution helps store encrypted passwords online. It has an intuitive layout and labeled navigational links that make it easier for users to perform actions. The robust, freemium model is simple and secure, supports bookmarklets, and comprises various features that make it unique. Also, it is compatible with Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems.
One can manage passwords from anywhere using LastPass. The leading tool helps generate long, strong randomized passwords to protect your accounts against hackers. Once you save a password, you will not find any issue in logging in again as it is fast and easy to manage. Furthermore, it alerts the administrators instantly if anyone tries to use your personal information. Enjoy the smooth sharing of notes and passwords with LastPass.
- Much easier to add a password and logging in is fast
- The intuitive and easy-to-use sharing feature
- Helps generate effective, strong, and secure passwords
- Supports Dark web monitoring
- Stores all digital records securely
- Autofill payment and shipping details
- The auditing feature helps track all logins and attempts
- Secure password sharing
- Costly compared to other Password Management Solutions
- Customer Support Services are not good
- Occasional downtime
Website Link: https://www.lastpass.com/pricing
Bitwarden is open-source software that limits exposure and maintains security. It is available in a free version for personal users and is paid for by businesses and workplaces. The powerful tool protects file storage, distributes passwords to team members, and supports multi-factor authentication on user accounts.
The Bitwarden Password Manager is one of the leading password management solutions that allow users to manage and control data safely from any location across the globe. Also, the software is compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS. The paid version for business is available in two editions – Teams and Enterprise. The Teams edition allows a minimum user group of five. However, there is no limit for the Enterprise edition. One can securely share crucial information within the Bitwarden Vault from any browser as it provides end-to-end AES-256 bit encryption.
- Bitwarden is a highly secure password manager
- Create and manage passwords from any device or location
- Supports Enterprise-grade security and compliance
- Get access to End-to-End Encryption
- Highly customizable
- Supports Self-hosting
- Free version available for personal use
- Premium subscription is inexpensive
- Easy to generate unique passwords
- Bitwarden password manager is compatible with macOS, Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Using LDAP, users can sync with Active Directory
- The 5 Eyes Country (FVEY) stores the data.
- Only premium users get access to built-in monitoring tools
- Support options are limited
Website Link: https://bitwarden.com/products/
If you were looking for a valuable password management solution for the enterprise, this blog would have been of great help. Having a strong password for your accounts has become crucial for each enterprise. Cybercriminals are growing and making new ways to track and crack accounts. Thus, having password managers will help protect the business’s data and information at all times, no matter whether you store data in the cloud or on-premises data centers. The software tools listed above will protect your crucial data at all costs. Data breach or loss can lead to various consequences, such as your trading companies can sue your business. Thus, to avoid such situations, enterprises should look for effective password management software online. These powerful tools encrypt all accounts and store your data in a safe place. Check out the password management solutions listed above and compare them based on their pros and cons before making the final call.