The MySQL database server has a unique storage-engine architecture, compatible with all major hosting providers, and carries many features that make it a top choice for many companies. For example, MySQL involves efficient management of deeply embedded applications, quick-start capability, robust transactional support, and more such features. In addition, MySQL Database helps deploy cloud-native applications and offers exceptional security features. With time MySQL has gained so much popularity that many high-profile companies exercise MySQL to cater to the unique requirements of their business. Thus, they have a large database that needs protection.
Here is our list of the best MySQL Backup Tools:
- N-able Backup One of the best tools for companies to create MySQL Backup and record data more frequently.
- Ottomatik A data protection tool that uses a point-and-click feature to restore the lost information or data file.
- dbForge Studio A Graphical User Interface tool that helps create and execute queries, automate databases, develop, and debug routines for MySQL and MariaDB databases.
- SQLBackupAndFTP A software that allows creating backups and restoring databases of MSSQL Server, MySQL Server, PostgreSQL Server, Azure SQL, and Amazon RDS.
- SqlBak One of the best tools for MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Azure SQL databases.
- Iperius Backup An advanced tool with a Graphical User Interface trusted by many companies worldwide.
- Percona XtraBackup A free open-source database solution provider that guarantees fast and reliable database backups.
- Handy Backup A trusted MySQL backup software suitable for any home PC or business server.
Why do we need MySQL Backup Tools?
Most applications store their crucial information in their databases, making it the most critical element to manage and protect. Losing data is unpredictable. There can be many reasons for the data loss, such as accidental deletion, synchronizing large data files may lead to corruption, insider attacks, and more. If you run server applications that connect to MySQL, creating a backup for your MySQL data is vital. With a good MySQL backup, you can save on a lot of time, effort, and revenue.
Whether you need to transfer data from old software to a new one or reinstall the software, you need to store a copy of your data before importing or transferring files. Hence, it is another reason why backups are essential. Also, there are instances when your backup file may become corrupted. Thus, the best way to avoid losing your data or moving corrupted records in a MySQL database is to perform this activity when the applications that access the MySQL database are closed.
Creating a backup makes it easy for IT experts to access and retrieve a particular lost file. Over time many tools have been introduced in the market that offers the best backup plus recovery systems. These tools help store an extra copy of each file, folder, and database in the cloud or servers. In case of a sudden power outage, or an operating system crashes, hard drives fail, or you face ransomware attacks, you can recover these files and deal with less damage.
MySQL backup tools also allow you to store these backup files in different locations. With organized, encrypted, and maintained backup files, organizations get more time to focus on important areas to improve productivity. Assured that the files are safe and secure, the organization's employees and members can concentrate more on other activities, deal with less workload, and perform better.
The Best MySQL Backup Tools
Every company or organization looks for a backup tool that is reliable, efficient, and a user-friendly asset. In this post, we have listed some of the best MySQL Backup Tools that many medium-to-large-sized companies prefer to protect their crucial information. Have a look!
1. N-able Backup
N-able Backup is one of the best tools for companies to create MySQL Backup and record data more frequently. This popular cloud backup service provider makes faster backup and restores solutions. It also has private cloud storage in case the unthinkable happens. The tool is available for numerous platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux, SaaS. Secure and monitor your backup with its robust and integrated centralized web-based dashboard. Streamline day-to-day operations, monitor your backups, combat threats, grow your business and boost profitability with this fantastic product. Restore your vital client data and processes with N-able Backup at no extra cost. The tool further offers end-to-end security, no storage, and bandwidth restrictions. You can easily store your workstations, critical business documents, and databases with N-able Backup.
Features of N-able Backup
- Reduces Downtime and chances of Data Loss
- Provides faster backup and recovery solutions
- Provides Hybrid Cloud Solution
- Has a private cloud storage
- Automated recovery testing
- Cost-effective backup solution
- Unlimited scalability
- Saves time on monitoring or babysitting the backup files
- Only users with a private key can access their data
- Archiving data is in the User's hand. This feature is beneficial for regulatory requirements like HIPAA
- It helps protect your data, files, and folders against ransomware attacks
- Keeps the data safe and secure on-premises or while moving to the cloud
- One product to backup all your data on servers, databases, workstations, and Microsoft 365
Website Link: https://www.n-able.com/features/mysql-backup
Ottomatik is a data protection tool that uses a point-and-click feature to restore the lost information or data file. This software helps with the automatic management of MySQL database backups. The tool provides Cloud or server Storage options with 24/7 Database Protection. Ottomatik also supports Amazon S3, Google Drive, Backblaze, and Dropbox for storage. One can add their storage option utilizing these platforms. Ottomatik offers many other features, including, Database Insurance, accidental bad database queries, backup scheduling, SSH key, Public Key Authentication, compliance, and security measures.
The tool provides affordable pricing plans for File and Directory Backup services. You can also try a 14-day free trial and latch to monthly plans according to your business requirement and budget. Many developers, database admins, and businesses, including Laravel News, Laravel, Larcasts, trust ottomatik as a leading MySQL database backup tool.
Features of Ottomatik
- Offers MySQL Backup & Restore options. Thus, it is one of the best tools for companies that require superior backup services
- Manual Server Configuration is not needed. The installation script will cover it up
- Cloud Storage with 24/7 Database Protection
- Disaster recovery is fast
- Provides File and Directory Backup services
- Role-based permissions are needed to manage individual logins
- Easy to add webhooks
- SSH protocol helps maintain multiple servers and backups
- Supports encryption
- Supports Public Key Authentication
- Provides compliance and security measures
Website Link: https://ottomatik.io/
3. dbForge Studio
dbForge Studio is a Graphical User Interface tool that helps create and execute queries, automate databases, develop and debug routines for MySQL and MariaDB databases. If our organization looks for a tool with a broader set of features and guarantees improved performance, go for dbForge Studio. It is one of the best tools to manage, maintain, and monitor MySQL databases. There are no limitations to the product once you buy it, and it offers high-quality support. Honeywell, Motorola Solutions, Viacom, Disney channel are a few leading companies that trust dbForge Studio. dbForge Studio enables you to administer, manage, develop, debug and inspect all production or development in MySQL servers. Analyze data tables, compare and synchronize schema in MySQL with this popular tool.
Features of dbForge Studio
- Provides Assistance in SQL coding
- Controlling SQL databases is much easier with this tool
- Analysis of SQL indexes
- Rebuild and reorganize SQL indexes instantly
- Developing stable and reliable code with the help of automated unit tests
- Table Designer helps to quickly set, edit a script, rebuild, and preview the changes
- Database Designer helps print huge diagrams, Virtual connections, Database diagrams, and scaling
- Helps optimize slow query execution time
- Helps Synchronize database schemas and detect errors at an early stage
- Synchronize, Analyze, and Compare databases when transferring data from one server to another
- Generates large test data for SQL Server database tables
- Helps create complex queries
- Database Administration
- Builds visual SQL data reports in different formats
- Monitors and reviews SQL Server performance
- Implements database Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
SQLBackupAndFTP is software that allows creating backups and restoring databases of MSSQL Server, MySQL Server, PostgreSQL Server, Azure SQL, and Amazon RDS. It helps run file/folder backups and stores them on a network, FTP server, or in the cloud. The software performs regular full, differential, and transaction log backups and can send these to multiple locations for storage. It also automatically eliminates old backup and sends alerts when a job succeeds or fails.
Features of SQLBackupAndFTP
- Supports AES encryption
- Supports Log Shipping
- Easy to send backups to other platforms such as Amazon S3, OneDrive for Business, Azure Storage, Google Drive, Dropbox, FTP, SFTP, FTPS, NAS
- Provides full backups
- Runs Differential and Transaction log backup for only local SQL servers
- Faster backup restore features in one click.
- Notify through email alerts on backup success or failure
- Uninterrupted database services while scheduling SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL Backups.
- Supports zip compression
- Automatically eliminates old backups
Website Link: https://sqlbackupandftp.com/
It is one of the best tools for MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Azure SQL databases. SqlBak helps create regular backups, monitor and restore data from the web. You can also forward these backups to other locations, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP, OneDrive, or Amazon S3. SqlBak supports backup encryption, compression, scheduling. It also features options that help monitor SQL server health and performance and send alerts/notifications on finding an error or fault. Requires installing SqlBak application for smooth functioning with no firewall configuration.
If your company manages multiple database servers, requires integrated backup, or wants to maintain backup remotely, try investing in SqlBak as it is will be the right choice for you and your company. Over 1500+, including Kingswim, tellonline, DigiRede, Electra, trust the product and its exclusive features.
Features of SqlBak
- Sharing backups to a folder, FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon S3 is easy
- Backup Scheduling Options
- Supports Backup encryption and compression
- Monitors SQL server’s health and performance
- Send email alerts and notifications on finding an error
- Restores lost data from any web browser
- Requires no firewall configuration
- Available for Windows and Linux versions
Website Link: https://sqlbak.com/
6. Iperius Backup
Iperius Backup is an advanced tool with a Graphical User Interface trusted by many companies worldwide. The tool helps small to large businesses provide end-to-end solutions, a centralized management system, faster backup, and disaster recovery options. It is a fully-featured Disk Imaging Software that can be interfaced with the Iperius Console. The Iperius Console offers the best monitoring options for your PCs and backups. Back up your databases with Iperius Backup at a reduced cost.
This tool supports data synchronization, backup scheduling and verification, hard drive cloning, user authentication, easy file transfer, and more such features. Further, it also supports various storage devices, such as Google Drive, Azure Storage, Amazon S3, OneDrive.
Features of Iperius Backup
- Easy to install and use backup tool
- Provides Continuous Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Compatible with vSphere ESXi Cluster
- The tool supports various storage devices, such as Google Drive, Azure Storage, Amazon S3, OneDrive
- Supports Hyper-V, Exchange, MySQL, SQL Server
- Supports ESXi backup (CBT/VDDK)
- Supports AES 256 bit Encryption
- Supports zip compression
- Supports Multiple Systems
- Supports Backup Scheduling
- Supports Two-Factor Authentication
- Remote Access/Control
- Provides Real-Time Monitoring
- Disk Imaging software
- The backup tool has a Graphical User Interface
Website Link: https://www.iperiusbackup.com/backup-mysql.aspx
7. Percona XtraBackup
Percona XtraBackup is a free open source database solution provider that guarantees fast and reliable database backups. The Percona XtraBackup tool assures that the tool will perform a hot backup of your MySQL data even if your system is running. Percona XtraBackup is a trusted leading tool that provides cost-effective solutions, automatic backup verification, managed services, highly secure full backups on transactional systems, and the best consulting plans for flexible deployment for your organization.
Restore your data in case of accidental data loss or hardware failure with Percona XtraBackup. The tool is quite responsive, saves disk space and network bandwidth, and performs online non-blocking backups. It is fully compatible with on-premises and cloud workloads. Using Percona XtraBackup can automate your backup process and speed up other database operations. The Percona XtraBackup's MySQL Enterprise Backup plan further includes proprietary license, streaming, and encryption formats.
Features of Percona XtraBackup
- Provides fast and reliable database backups
- Uninterrupted transaction processing
- Performs online non-blocking backups
- Performs a quicker restoration process.
- Guarantees the consistency and safety of your crucial data
- Provides secure backups on transactional systems
- Highly cost-effective
- The backup tool is compatible with Google Cloud, AWS, and Microsoft Azure
- Save time, money and simplifies operations
- Supports throttling
- Offers better compression features
- Supports automatic backup verification
- Provides on-premises and cloud workloads
Website Link: https://www.percona.com/
8. Handy Backup
Handy Backup is a trusted MySQL backup software suitable for any home PC or business server. The software offers automatic backup and restoration utilities at an affordable rate. With Handy Backup, you have to no longer wait for the complete restoration process in case of data loss. The file managers like Explorer can make it easier for IT experts to view, modify or restore files faster. The software uses an intuitive interface to create backups for your files, folders, websites, apps, or cloud data. One can keep a backup of any data, including VMs, disk images, databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and more.
The tool supports storing backup to clouds and other storage options, such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, FTP/SFTP/FTPS, Amazon S3, NAS, and other external and local HDD, WebDAV. The tool also provides affordable pricing plans that cover lifetime licenses with no additional fees, free minor updates, and tech support. Motorola, Royal Canin, Tesco, SIEMENS are a few leading companies that currently use Handy Backup.
Features of Handy Backup
- It helps create automatic backup and restore files faster
- Runs an Easy-to-use interface
- Offers Backup Filtering, Selecting, and Verifying Options
- Allows to view event logs or report backups
- Allows creating any type of new task in simple or advanced mode
- Notifies via email about the progress of task execution and errors
- The software has a built-in ZIP compression to minimize backups
- Supports Backup Encryption to reduce risks while transferring or storing the data
- Supports Backup Scheduling
- Supports storage options, including OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, FTP/SFTP/FTPS, Amazon S3, NAS, and other external and local HDD, WebDAV
Website Link: https://www.handybackup.net/mysql-backup.shtml
There is no end to the number of backup tools available in the market to restore the lost MySQL database files. N-able Backup, Ottomatik, dbForge Studio, SQLBackupAndFTP, SqlBak, Iperius Backup, Percona XtraBackup, Handy Backup are a few most popular MySQL Backup Tools available in the market nowadays. Each backup and disaster recovery software has its pros and cons. These are some of the best database backup solutions we have selected that will protect your business's crucial information or data in the event of corrupt data, physical hardware failure, or accidental deletion. These backup tools help reserve database copies on various platforms and ensure that the data will always be available to you in times of need or for cross-checking.
The backup units help restore the file to its previous state with the help of these popular tools. One can also monitor and keep backup files with the console and dashboard provided in these above-listed platforms. A few database backup solutions support only a specific type of database; however, other tools also have a broader approach. Some of these tools store backups in the clouds while a few on servers. Whatever solution you choose, it is essential to have a database backup, for it is one of the valuable assets in a company. This approach will help improve your performance, growth and benefit your business in the long run.
If you run a large or medium-sized organization and run applications, then go through the above-listed best MySQL database backup tools. These backup tools will keep your database safe and secure. Further, most of them are cost-effective and offer faster backup and restore options, tools with better monitoring features, and more.