Remote Monitoring and Management Software is an application tool used by Managed IT service providers to remotely and ardently monitor the endpoints, computers, and other client assets on their networks. These tools offer in-depth visibility into connected endpoints, they monitor various actions taken and keep tabs on the overall performance of the network.
With these tools IT departments can ensure their IT assets are performing optimally; operate as per the required standards and check whether connected IT assets are aptly standardized. RMM applications help you identify issues, allocate various tasks, monitor IT systems, discover new assets, automate maintenance tasks and resolve issues remotely.
Here we will be reviewing 7 Best RMM Software tools in 2021 that are widely used across the globe:
- NinjaRMM – FREE TRIAL All-in-one monitoring tool with powerful features including, monitoring, real-time alerts, backups, anti-virus and IT automation through just a single platform.
- Atera RMM – FREE TRIAL One of the best and fully-integrated tools ideal for IT service providers. It supports Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices and offers a 30-day trial.
- Barracuda RMM – FREE TRIAL A SaaS platform that provides security management tools for MSP technicians to manage client systems. Help Desk and network operations add-ons are also available.
- LogMeIn Central Cloud-based RMM tool designed for IT professionals to secure and manage their endpoints across the globe.
- Continuum Intelligent RMM tool for enterprise-grade MSPs with a wide range of products including, Command Servers, Command Desktops, Command Mobile and Command Networks.
- Paessler PRTG An all-in-one solution to monitor devices, traffic, systems and applications. It supports different technologies such as SQL, Ping, SNMP, and so on.
- Syncro Powerful MSP tool that combines RMM & PSA along with Remote Access. It is easy to use, intuitive and simple to set up.
Top 7 Best RMM Software Tools in 2021:
Good RMM software will not only properly maintain your IT systems, but also boost your network performance and security.
This software can either be On-Prem or cloud-based.
NinjaRMM is again an all-in-one remote monitoring and management tool that integrates power-packed functionalities in one affordable solution. It has intuitive and time-saving features paired with easy-to-use interface- perfect for IT service businesses, MSPs and SMBs with small-scale IT departments.
The powerful software – tackles patch management, monitoring, real-time alerts, backups, anti-virus, and IT automation through just a single platform. Best thing about NinjaRMM is that it offers excellent support and is very easy to use.
NinjaRMM – Key features:
- Multi-platform endpoint management: Quickly resolve IT issues with remote access to your Mac, Linux, Windows, VMWare and SNMP devices through a single pane of glass. Built-in endpoint management tool allows you to remediate IT problems without downtime or user interruption.
- Patch management automates your Mac, Windows, and Linux OS patch management to keep your devices updated and secure. Deploy and automatically update common third-party applications throughout the endpoints.
- IT automation and scripting boosts team productivity by automating time-consuming, repetitive tasks and simple remediation.
- Robust monitoring will identify and resolve IT issues quickly.
- Real-time alerting will create alerts and tickets automatically to notify you about endpoint performance, health and systems data.
- Full control and remote access to endpoints with NinjaRMM’s one-click remote access tools.
- Secure your endpoint with NinjaRMM as it deploys, automates and manages your managed antivirus solution with robust AV integrations.
- Built-in cloud file and folder backup
- Easy UI and navigation
- Clear and concise documentation
NinjaRMM is a great tool to reduce ticket columns, save the technician’s time, and get a robust remote monitoring and management solution. Check their site for per-device flexible pricing. You can also register for a free trial.
Atera is a top-rated, all-in-one fully-integrated Remote IT Monitoring and Management tools, ideal for IT service providers and MSPs.
It comprises most things you will need from an RMM; free remote access, alerts, chat reports, patch management, billing, ticketing, helpdesk, IT automation, asset & inventory tracking, complete activity log, inbuilt PSA, analytics, and much more. Since Atera is a SaaS-designed tool, it is a favrite RMM tool for freelancers, small and medium MSPs, internal IT, and even large-scale IT service businesses.
Besides, it supports Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
Atera RMM – Key features:
- Has a unique pricing model
- All-in-one software includes RMM, PSA, Remote Access, Reporting & Analytics, billing, anti-virus, patch management, network discovery, and much more.
- Can be canceled anytime: no hidden charges, no contracts.
- 100% Free round-the-clock customer support
- Generates more than 10 different types of reports
- Real-time alerts about the CPU load, RAM usage, HD, AV, and much more.
- Contracts & SLA let you manage a wide range of services with excellent flexibility without missing any SLAs.
- IT Automation allows you to pre-configure maintenance and administrative tasks to be applied to workstations and servers.
- Excellent attended and unattended integrated remote access
- QuickBooks, Freshbooks, and Xero integrations help you with easy billing and invoicing
- With its Mobile App, your team can log completed work and also monitor client networks, anywhere anytime.
- Offers full control and visibility over hundreds of networks from any device.
Overall, Atera is an all-inclusive, best RMM software tool for IT pros and small and medium MSPs. It offers fixed cost, and allows unlimited devices. You can try it out free for 30 days.
BarracudaMSP is a security-focused RMM platform that is provided on the SaaS model. This system centers on a vulnerability manager that ensures all of the client’s infrastructure is secure. The package includes remote access tools and task automated systems for maintenance duties.
A great feature of this package is its Service Plan template. This gives you off-the-shelf plans that you can propose to new customers. The selected plan can then be activated in the monitoring system to enforce and track SLA goals.
Baracuda RMM – Key features:
- Includes on-demand and automated vulnerability scans of client sites to identify security weaknesses.
- Performs constant security monitoring of the client’s system with alerts that enable unattended system monitoring.
- A Patch Manager to ensure that the client’s OSs and software are up to date.
- Task Automation for alert remediation and everyday maintenance duties.
- Software Management to log all instances of each package and track license usage.
- Ticketing that feeds into the third-party PAS system of your choice.
- SLA goal tracking built into the system.
- Support tools for technicians, such as remote access utilities.
Pricing: Contact the sales team for a quote or start a 14-day free trial.
4. LogMeIn Central
LogMeIn Central is a fully cloud-based RMM tool that helps IT Pros proactively monitor, secure and manage their endpoints scattered across the globe. It offers excellent flexibility, speed and enhanced visibility to boost team productivity, mitigate risks and reduce IT costs.
You can remotely access and manage computers, internet-enabled devices and even offer remote end-user support to clients.
LogMeIn Central – Key features:
- Offers a wide range of SaaS solutions including remote access, remote control, backup, systems administration, on-demand customer support of PCs, smartphones, etc., file-sharing and much more
- Offers Remote Control to any Mac or PC from anywhere, anytime
- User Management tool allows you to group users through control permissions, computer access and two-factor authentication
- Computer Grouping lets you organize PCs as per their functionality, location, access permissions or other criteria.
- Antivirus management secures and protects your computers with LogMeIn Antivirus.
- With Remote Deployment, you can deploy LogMeIn hosts and configure installation packages on each device in your IT infrastructure.
- Computer Health Monitoring provides a complete view of the health of each LogMeIn host to quickly detect any issues or updates.
Learn more about pricing and trials.
Continuum RMM is intelligent software paired with expert NOC technicians to boost business profitability. It is one of the best RMM tools for enterprise-grade MSPs.
It has a wide range of products, out of which their Continuum Command is especially dedicated to remote monitoring and management. Continuum Command offers four products viz. Command Servers, Command Desktops, Command Mobile and Command Networks. It provides top-notch security regardless of the device environment.
Continuum Command RMM – Key Features:
- RMM along with NOC is ideal for complex IT environments
- Continuum Command offers advanced RMM tools, fully staffed NOC and smart alerting to tackle complex IT systems
- Endpoint management automatically tests for security vulnerabilities and deploys patches to secure the network of your client.
- Expert NOC services staff is available 24*7 to offer quick issue resolution and on-demand IT expertise without any hidden charges.
- Proprietary alerting tool will improve your service delivery; reduce the number of tickets and false issues.
- Continuum Command Servers will allow you to remotely monitor and manage your client’s servers from anywhere. It features a built-in smart alerting tool so you can provide robust customer support.
- Continuum Command Desktops lets you manage, monitor and support your client’s desktop-level without any third-party integrations. It features real-time reports and powerful automation for better visibility into the client’s desktop.
- Continuum Command Networks allow you to centralize multiple clients’ networks and endpoints for enhanced control, visibility and monitoring.
- Continuum Command Mobile lets you easily manage mobile devices such as laptops, phones, tablets, and portable drives. You can apply security policies from a unified console for flexible compliance management.
Visit their site to learn more and see pricing options.
6. Paessler PRTG
Paessler PRTG is designed to monitor devices, traffic, systems and applications. It can monitor and manage your entire IT infrastructure including the apps, packets, traffic, assets, etc. It has support for different technologies such as SQL, Ping, SNMP, and so on.
Since everything is included in the PRTG, you don’t need extra plugins.
This solution is ideal for businesses of all sizes.
Paessler PRTG – Key features:
- PRTG monitors your entire IT infrastructure
- Available for Windows or as a hosted version
- Supports SNMP which is ready-to-use and offers custom options
- Supports SSH for Mac OS and Linux/Unix systems
- Supports WMI and Windows Performance Counters
- Offers support for HTTP requests
- Can support REST APIs returning XML or JSON
- Supports SQL, Ping and many more
- Executes traffic analysis using packet sniffing or flow protocols
- Maps and dashboards will visualize your entire network using real-time maps with live status information. You can even create your own dashboards with a PRTG map designer that offers more than 300 different map objects.
- Flexible alerting will notify you when it detects unusual metrics or problems.
- Features more than 200 sensor types
Try it free for 30-days.
Syncro is a modern, well-integrated MSP solution that combines RMM & PSA along with Remote Access. This all-in-one platform is easy to use, intuitive and quite flexible.
This MSP-centric platform will adapt to your workflow and is very simple to set up.
Syncro RMM – Key features:
- Real-time remote monitoring with customizable notifications
- Automated Remediation will identify, diagnose and fix issues faster
- Built-in communication tools with a dedicated Portal for every client will simplify conversations and automate your messages.
- Robust reporting features built-in MSP reports so you can get full visibility into the network’s performance and every client’s environment.
- Robust scripting engine with the combination of RMM and PSA.
- Community Script Library lets you write your own scripts
- SNMP management allows you to monitor your network devices. Integrated OID recipes will allow you to create common OID sets and enforce them to newly added network devices in an instant.
- Third-party applications Patch Management will keep your third-party apps updated.
- Automated Windows Patch Management
- Managed Antivirus
- RMM reports will provide insights into the client’s critical alerts, issues and more.
- Syncro Live offers unattended remote access
- MSP dashboard
- No contracts; unlimited devices
- Free one-on-one demo
- Full-featured 30-day trial
All of these solutions are well-integrated, powerful and feature exceptional functionalities for remote monitoring and management of your IT infrastructure.
As per the features and functionalities, small, medium, and large-scale businesses and MSPs can choose their optimal solution out of these.