Remote Monitoring and Management Software is an application tool used by Managed IT service providers to remotely and ardently monitor the endpoints, computers, and other client assets on their networks. These tools offer in-depth visibility into connected endpoints, they monitor various actions taken and keep tabs on the overall performance of the network.
With these tools IT departments can ensure their IT assets are performing optimally; operate as per the required standards and check whether connected IT assets are aptly standardized. RMM applications help you identify issues, allocate various tasks, monitor IT systems, discover new assets, automate maintenance tasks and resolve issues remotely.
Here we will be reviewing the Best RMM Software tools in 2023 that are widely used across the globe:
- Atera RMM – FREE TRIAL One of the best and fully-integrated tools ideal for IT service providers. It supports Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices and offers a 30-day free trial.
- NinjaOne – FREE TRIAL All-in-one monitoring tool with powerful features including, monitoring, real-time alerts, backups, anti-virus and IT automation through just a single platform.
- SuperOps RMM – FREE TRIAL A cloud-based system that offers a full suite of RMM tools as well as a PSA module. Ideal for an MSP, an independent support technician or an IT department.
- Barracuda RMM – FREE TRIAL A SaaS platform that provides security management tools for MSP technicians to manage client systems. Help Desk and network operations add-ons are also available.
- ManageEngine RMM Central – FREE TRIAL This package of monitoring and management tools is available for installation on Windows Server or as services to add to an account at the AWS or Azure platforms.
- Syncro RMM – FREE TRIAL This package provides technician tools along with a remote access system and a PSA bundle. This is a cloud platform.
- LogMeIn Central Cloud-based RMM tool designed for IT professionals to secure and manage their endpoints across the globe.
- Continuum Intelligent RMM tool for enterprise-grade MSPs with a wide range of products including, Command Servers, Command Desktops, Command Mobile and Command Networks.
- Paessler PRTG An all-in-one solution to monitor devices, traffic, systems and applications. It supports different technologies such as SQL, Ping, SNMP, and so on.
Top Best RMM Software Tools
Good RMM software will not only properly maintain your IT systems, but also boost your network performance and security.
This software can either be On-Prem or cloud-based.
Atera is a top-rated, all-in-one fully-integrated Remote IT Monitoring and Management tools, ideal for IT Departments and MSPs.
Atera RMM – Key features:
- Has a unique pricing model
- All-in-one software includes RMM, PSA, Remote Access, Reporting & Analytics, billing, anti-virus, patch management, and much more.
- Can be canceled anytime: no hidden charges..
- 100% Free round-the-clock customer support
- Generates more than 10 different types of reports plus, optional advanced analytics for more in-depth data analysis
- Real-time alerts about the CPU load, RAM usage, HD, AV, and much more.
- Contracts & SLA let you manage a wide range of services with excellent flexibility without missing any SLAs.
- IT Automation allows you to configure maintenance and administrative tasks to be applied to workstations and servers.
- Excellent attended and unattended integrated remote access
- QuickBooks,, and Xero integrations help you with easy billing and invoicing
- With its Mobile App, your team can get a lot more done on-the-go like log completed work, create tickets, monitor devices, and more
- Offers full control and visibility over hundreds of endpoints from any device.
It comprises most things you will need from an RMM; free remote access, alerts, patch management, billing, ticketing, helpdesk, IT automation, asset & inventory tracking, complete activity log, inbuilt PSA, analytics, and much more. Since Atera is a SaaS-designed tool, it is a favorite RMM tool for freelancers, small and medium MSPs, internal IT, and even large-scale IT Departments.
Besides, it supports Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- Lightweight cloud-based tool
- Built with MSPs in mind, and includes RMM and PSA tools built-in
- The framework is highly customizable, making Atera extremely flexible
- Can scale and support multiple databases in a multi-tenant environment
- Packaged pricing makes Atera accessible to any size business
- Smaller organizations may not use all multi-tenant features
Overall, Atera is an all-inclusive, best RMM software tool for IT pros, MSPs and IT departments. It offers fixed cost, and allows unlimited devices. You can try it out free.
NinjaOne is an all-in-one remote monitoring and management tool that integrates power-packed functionalities in one affordable solution. It has intuitive and time-saving features paired with easy-to-use interface- perfect for IT service businesses, MSPs and SMBs with small-scale IT departments.
NinjaOne – Key features:
- Multi-platform endpoint management: Quickly resolve IT issues with remote access to your Mac, Linux, Windows, VMWare and SNMP devices through a single pane of glass. Built-in endpoint management tool allows you to remediate IT problems without downtime or user interruption.
- Patch management automates your Mac, Windows, and Linux OS patch management to keep your devices updated and secure. Deploy and automatically update common third-party applications throughout the endpoints.
- IT automation and scripting boosts team productivity by automating time-consuming, repetitive tasks and simple remediation.
- Robust monitoring will identify and resolve IT issues quickly.
- Real-time alerting will create alerts and tickets automatically to notify you about endpoint performance, health and systems data.
- Full control and remote access to endpoints with NinjaOne one-click remote access tools.
- Secure your endpoint with NinjaRMM as it deploys, automates and manages your managed antivirus solution with robust AV integrations.
- Built-in cloud file and folder backup
- Easy UI and navigation
- Clear and concise documentation
The powerful software includes Windows patching tools, monitoring, real-time alerts, backups, anti-virus, and IT automation through just a single platform. The best thing about NinjaRMM is that it offers excellent support and is very easy to use.
- Can silently install and uninstall applications and patches while the user works
- Patch management and other automated maintenance tasks can be easily scheduled
- Platform agnostic web-based management
- Designed specifically for MSPs and multi-site environments
- Smaller organizations may not utilize all MSP-related features found in NinjaOne
NinjaOne is a great tool to reduce ticket columns, save the technician’s time, and get a robust remote monitoring and management solution. Check their site for per-device flexible pricing. You can also register for a free trial.
SuperOps.ai is a SaaS platform that offers both RMM and PSA functions. The RMM package is only available in a bundle together with the PSA system but the PSA service can be subscribed to individually. The RMM service includes tools for locating, monitoring, and managing devices and software on a remote network.
SuperOps RMM – Key features:
- Offers a full asset management service including device discovery and a software inventory management system
- Includes an alerting mechanism that enables unattended, automated monitoring
- Includes a patch manager to keep endpoints running Windows up to date
- Opportunities for automatic patch rollout or a hold up for approval
- Integration with an associated PSA package
- A choice of remote access tool as an add-on
- Four packages including the Rise entry level plan for basic PSA needs, Grow for a full PSA package, Connect for RMM endpoint management and Ultra for a complete unified PSA-RMM experience
This RMM system offers automated monitoring strategies out of the box but these can all be adapted and the package includes a scripting language that enables technicians to set up their own task automation processes.
- A great option for MSPs with many custom agreements and contracts
- Intuitive contract creator for manual contracts
- Offers a range of plans fit for freelancers to enterprise service providers
- Has a built-in search feature making it easy to find different agreements quickly
- Could benefit from a longer 30-day trial
|standard PSA ONLY||$59/month - Basic PSA needs|
|standard RMM ONLY||$79/month - Full PSA package|
|pro UNIFIED BASIC||$99/month - For MSPs to manage endpoints with RMM|
|$129/month - Complete unified PSA-RMM package.|
These prices are based on an annual subscription. Fees in the month-to-month plan are higher.
Check out the system on a 21-day free trial.
BarracudaMSP is a security-focused RMM platform that is provided on the SaaS model. This system centers on a vulnerability manager that ensures all of the client’s infrastructure is secure. The package includes remote access tools and task automated systems for maintenance duties.
Baracuda RMM – Key features:
- Includes on-demand and automated vulnerability scans of client sites to identify security weaknesses.
- Performs constant security monitoring of the client’s system with alerts that enable unattended system monitoring.
- A Patch Manager to ensure that the client’s OSs and software are up to date.
- Task Automation for alert remediation and everyday maintenance duties.
- Software Management to log all instances of each package and track license usage.
- Ticketing that feeds into the third-party PAS system of your choice.
- SLA goal tracking built into the system.
- Support tools for technicians, such as remote access utilities.
A great feature of this package is its Service Plan template. This gives you off-the-shelf plans that you can propose to new customers. The selected plan can then be activated in the monitoring system to enforce and track SLA goals.
- Flexible deployment options include on-premise, cloud, and hybrid cloud configurations
- Can redirect DDoS attacks away from network infrastructure
- Offers a variety of helpdesk automation tools
- Integrates well with other integrations for ticketing and communication
- Would like to see more data visualization in the interface for NOCs
Pricing: Contact the sales team for a quote or start a 14-day free trial.
ManageEngine RMM Central is a pack of technician tools that you host yourself. It will run on Windows Server and the software package is also available on the marketplaces of AWS and Azure.
ManageEngine RMM Central – Key Features:
- RMM Central is suitable for use by managed service providers to monitor and manage clients’ systems
- Network discovery for network devices and endpoints
- Device inventory composition and network topology maps that are constantly updated
- Network and endpoint monitoring, includes servers, workstations, storage servers, wireless networks, and virtualizations
- Software inventory creation
- Patch management with automated patch rollout
- Remote access that provides remote control, unattended device access, operating system access, or desktop views
- Performance alerts that provide unattended automated system monitoring
- Mobile device management
- Free version available for up to 20 endpoints and 5 network devices
The system includes asset tracking and system monitoring for network and endpoints. Virtualization and wireless network monitoring plus mobile device monitoring. There are also security monitoring tools in the package and a system of alerts, so technicians don’t need to watch the console all of the time.
- Features a suite of automated and manual monitoring tools for various helpdesk needs
- Can be installed on both Windows and Linux platforms, making it more flexible than other on-premise options
- Offers in-depth reporting, ideal for enterprise management or MSPs
- ManageEngine provides a suite of monitoring tools that can take time to fully learn and understand
Pricing: Access the ManageEngine website for details on prices and deployment options for RMM Central.
Syncro is a cloud platform of software systems for the use of managed service providers. The subscription package provides a professional services automation (PSA) system, a remote monitoring and management (RMM) service, and remote access utilities.
Syncro RMM – Key Features
- A multi-tenant architecture that enables each subscribing MSP to create sub-accounts – one for each client – and that keeps the data of each client separate and secure.
- Automated monitoring for networks and endpoints that includes computers running Windows and macOS.
- A scripting language that enables technicians to automate many tasks and there is also a library of pre-written scripts that deal with common tasks.
- Problem management with automated remediation actions that can be set up and an alert mechanism that channels alerts through the associated ticketing system. Notifications of alerts can be sent to technicians by SMS.
- An automated patch manager for Windows and third-party applications
- Role-based dashboards that enable safe task delegation to junior staff, privileged insider information for managers, and a reporting view for clients.
- Task and progress tracking that automatically integrates SL requirements and compiles cost data.
The cloud deployment of the Syncro system means that technicians and MSP managers can access their dashboards from anywhere in the world and so can be in strategically located branch offices around the world or at home. There is also a mobile app for dashboard access.
- Cloud-hosted dashboards that can be accessed from anywhere through a browser or a mobile app
- Automated monitoring for networks and endpoints
- Patching for Windows and third-party apps
- Splashtop for technician remote access utilities
- Doesn’t manage Linux computers
- Doesn’t patch macOS
Pricing: A Syncro subscription costs $139 per month per technician when paid yearly or $129 on the monthly payment plan. You can get a 30-day free trial.
7. LogMeIn Central
LogMeIn Central is a fully cloud-based RMM tool that helps IT Pros proactively monitor, secure and manage their endpoints scattered across the globe. It offers excellent flexibility, speed and enhanced visibility to boost team productivity, mitigate risks and reduce IT costs.
LogMeIn Central – Key features:
- Offers a wide range of SaaS solutions including remote access, remote control, backup, systems administration, on-demand customer support of PCs, smartphones, etc., file-sharing and much more
- Offers Remote Control to any Mac or PC from anywhere, anytime
- User Management tool allows you to group users through control permissions, computer access and two-factor authentication
- Computer Grouping lets you organize PCs as per their functionality, location, access permissions or other criteria.
- Antivirus management secures and protects your computers with LogMeIn Antivirus.
- With Remote Deployment, you can deploy LogMeIn hosts and configure installation packages on each device in your IT infrastructure.
- Computer Health Monitoring provides a complete view of the health of each LogMeIn host to quickly detect any issues or updates.
You can remotely access and manage computers, internet-enabled devices and even offer remote end-user support to clients.
- Cloud-based flexible platform
- Designed with scale in mind – great for large distributed teams
- Includes AV management and automated deployment
- Includes simple yet intuitive health monitoring for each endpoint
- Best for larger environments with multiple sites
Learn more about pricing and trials.
Continuum RMM is intelligent software paired with expert NOC technicians to boost business profitability. It is one of the best RMM tools for enterprise-grade MSPs.
Continuum Command RMM – Key Features:
- RMM along with NOC is ideal for complex IT environments
- Continuum Command offers advanced RMM tools, fully staffed NOC and smart alerting to tackle complex IT systems
- Endpoint management automatically tests for security vulnerabilities and deploys patches to secure the network of your client.
- Expert NOC services staff is available 24*7 to offer quick issue resolution and on-demand IT expertise without any hidden charges.
- Proprietary alerting tool will improve your service delivery; reduce the number of tickets and false issues.
- Continuum Command Servers will allow you to remotely monitor and manage your client’s servers from anywhere. It features a built-in smart alerting tool so you can provide robust customer support.
- Continuum Command Desktops lets you manage, monitor and support your client’s desktop-level without any third-party integrations. It features real-time reports and powerful automation for better visibility into the client’s desktop.
- Continuum Command Networks allow you to centralize multiple clients’ networks and endpoints for enhanced control, visibility and monitoring.
- Continuum Command Mobile lets you easily manage mobile devices such as laptops, phones, tablets, and portable drives. You can apply security policies from a unified console for flexible compliance management.
It has a wide range of products, out of which their Continuum Command is especially dedicated to remote monitoring and management. Continuum Command offers four products viz. Command Servers, Command Desktops, Command Mobile and Command Networks. It provides top-notch security regardless of the device environment.
- Lightweight easy to use platform
- Includes advanced NOC features and automation – great for MSPs
- Robust alerting functionality
- Great multitenant features
- Better suited for managed service providers
Visit their site to learn more and see pricing options.
9. Paessler PRTG
Paessler PRTG is designed to monitor devices, traffic, systems and applications. It can monitor and manage your entire IT infrastructure including the apps, packets, traffic, assets, etc. It has support for different technologies such as SQL, Ping, SNMP, and so on.
Paessler PRTG – Key features:
- PRTG monitors your entire IT infrastructure
- Available for Windows or as a hosted version
- Supports SNMP which is ready-to-use and offers custom options
- Supports SSH for Mac OS and Linux/Unix systems
- Supports WMI and Windows Performance Counters
- Offers support for HTTP requests
- Can support REST APIs returning XML or JSON
- Supports SQL, Ping and many more
- Executes traffic analysis using packet sniffing or flow protocols
- Maps and dashboards will visualize your entire network using real-time maps with live status information. You can even create your own dashboards with a PRTG map designer that offers more than 300 different map objects.
- Flexible alerting will notify you when it detects unusual metrics or problems.
- Features more than 200 sensor types
Since everything is included in the PRTG, you don’t need extra plugins.
- Uses a combination of packet sniffing, WMI, and SNMP to report network performance as well as discover new devices
- Autodiscovery reflects the latest inventory changes almost instantaneously
- Drag and drop editor makes it easy to build custom views and reports
- Supports a wide range of alert mediums such as SMS, email, and third-party integration
- Supports a freeware version
- Is a very comprehensive platform with many features and moving parts that require time to learn
This solution is ideal for businesses of all sizes.
Try it free for 30-days.
All of these solutions are well-integrated, powerful and feature exceptional functionalities for remote monitoring and management of your IT infrastructure.
As per the features and functionalities, small, medium, and large-scale businesses and MSPs can choose their optimal solution out of these.