Are you looking for the best Secure Web Gateway (SWG) for your enterprise?
Multiple SWG solutions can help you secure your enterprise network from malware, ransomware, and other unwanted threats on the internet.
A secure web gateway can assist you in shielding your internal company network by preventing and monitoring malicious traffic from different sites and web applications.
Using features like URL filtering, malware detection, and other security protocols can secure your internal parameters and help prevent your critical data from being leaked, which can hurt your business in multiple ways.
But with multiple options available, how can you choose and filter out the best SWG for your enterprise? With the digital presence and transaction acceleration, your company needs a fast, secure, and reliable tool to deliver you the best security experience. Don’t worry. We have filtered out the leading SWGs and analyzed their different aspects to help you figure out the best for your business.
Here is our list of the best secure web gateways:
- Perimeter 81 Secure Web Gateway – ACCESS FREE DEMO Οffers robust security to your business network and touchpoints. It can shield the internal enterprise network from malicious and dangerous threats and attacks transmitted through multiple loopholes.
- N-able Mail Assure An excellent tool for MSPs to add as an extra service to their clients, the N-able Mail Assure system is a tool formerly fulfilled by SolarWinds MSP.
- CleanBrowsing Offers different types of security in securing your internal network. It does not filter the web traffic but focuses on the different web pages that the users request on the network.
- Zscaler Web Security A powerful Secure Web Gateway for your enterprise, Zscaler comes with a dedicated firewall, URL filtering, antivirus, anti-spam, cloud-based application control, DNS filtering, and other security features.
- McAfee Web Gateway One of the popular tools on the list that you can use for web filtering and protection against malware. Its powerful features can help you inspect the SSL, HTTPS, HTTP traffic to spot different malicious code.
- Barracuda Web Security Gateway A security tool that helps inspect SSL traffic and even remotely filter content. It uses antivirus, threat intelligence, anti-malware, and anti-spyware to cover different online threats and prevent data loss.
- Symantec Secure Gateway A powerful tool to level up the security walls of your enterprise delivers a combined experience of data prevention and secure web.
- Forcepoint Web Security A cloud-powered security gateway that can strengthen your web security, Forcepoint provides features like data loss prevention, cloud sandboxing, URL filtering, and advanced malware detection to provide a secure shield to your internal network.
But before you discuss the nitty-gritty elements of the top Secure Web Gateways available on the internet, let’s understand the basics you need to know about SWGs.
How Secure Web Gateways Work?
Secure Web Gateways are a vital cornerstone to your IT security to prevent sophisticated attacks from reaching your internal network and users.
SWG acts as a protective shield to avoid attacks like phishing, malware, ransomware, command-and-control action, supply chain attacks, drive-by downloads reaching your organization.
With the latest advancement in the SWG tools, you can prevent data loss by keeping a check on the outbound information that goes from your internal network to the internet.
SWG also works excellently in providing you control over the access of the users on your network for limited access to crucial information of your enterprise.
Using a dedicated SWG tool, you can secure digital transformation by direct to the cloud and secure connectivity to the SaaS, cloud platforms, and the internet.
That’s not it.
Multiple features are provided by an SWG tool from different vendors; let’s briefly overview the top features.
Key Features of Secure Web Gateways
The features that Secure Web Gateways include are:
- You can have granular control over the application, like Office 365 support or other social media apps
- URL and domain filtering with website classification and categorization
- Malware detection with SSL/TLS decryption
- Mobile device support and decryption of HTTPS traffic
- Scanning of malware and web traffic
- Using AI and ML for classifying, detecting, and avoiding malicious attacks on your enterprise
- Proxy HTTPS and HTTP traffic
These top features of a Secure Web Gateway can enable you to improve the security of your internal network and work efficiently to achieve your desired business outcomes.
There are more reasons you need a dedicated Secure Web Gateway for your business. Let’s find out:
What to consider while choosing a Secure Web Gateway?
Apart from all the benefits that a dedicated Secure Web Gateway has for your business, we have pinpointed the core benefits:
- Search for dangerous malware and defend your enterprise network from malware attacks
- SWG adds powerful spam filters for your email systems to avoid malicious emails from reaching the users on your internal network
- It can help you bypass phishing strategies and block the threats caused by these strategies
- It gives you control over the content that is displayed on the browser
- SWG defends your network from impersonation and spoofing attempts
- It can help you run your business processes smoothly with no threats to security breaches
Keeping these benefits in mind, we have finalized the top Secure Web Gateways you can use to fulfill these core points and help your enterprise strengthen the security wall.
The Top Secure Web Gateways
With the assistance of a powerful web filtering system, Perimeter 81 Secure Web Gateway offers robust security to your business network and touchpoints. It can shield the internal enterprise network from malicious and dangerous threats and attacks transmitted through multiple loopholes.
It can detect and block fake websites that impersonate genuine sites and extract vital information from the users. The robust security system shields the network from imposter sites to protect the credentials and vital information being leaked on the internet or to a hacker.
You can set up different custom filtering rules to implement your enterprise policy on internet usage and access by the users. You can restrict the access of different employees to have complete control over the security parameters of your internal network.
The cloud platform of Perimeter 81 SWG enables you to optimum use the agile dashboard to access the tool’s wide range of security features. The versatility of the software also enables you to enhance the security of the employees working in remote locations.
The tool is equipped with a background agent that can protect devices, not your company’s network. It’s a great tool to enhance the security of your employees’ devices used remotely.
With features like internet privacy, DNS filtering, and other security measures, it’s a great tool to protect your enterprise data from threats that a firewall can’t resist. You can use the demo version to get a better understanding of the tool before you make a buying decision. Access the Free Demo.
- Powerful site-blocking system
- Detects fakes and infected websites and restrict the user to access malicious pages
- Cloud-based platform minimizes the cost of the security service
- Offers free demo access and a 30-day money-back guarantee on your purchase
- The tool doesn’t protect emails, which increases the vulnerabilities of email threats and attacks
Website Link: https://www.perimeter81.com/lp/swg
2. N-able Mail Assure
An excellent tool for MSPs to add as an extra service to their clients, the N-able Mail Assure system is a tool formerly fulfilled by SolarWinds MSP. Its comprehensive security features are an excellent tool for the in-house IT teams to strengthen their enterprise security.
It has VPN connection protection, a dedicated spam filter, impersonation and spoofing blockers, and other security features to prevent phishing and other unwanted security threats.
Hosted on cloud servers of N-able, the Mail Assurance system channels the email traffic through VPN to enhance security. The emails can be scanned, and security threats like phishing, spam, address spoofing, malicious content, poisoned links, and impersonations are neutralized.
Mail Assure provides its MSP clients a standout feature to collect a threat intelligence database. Any threat identified and neutralized on the system, the information is rolled out to protect other Mail Assure users from a similar threat.
The system also provides archiving and continuity services. It can help you restore encrypted archives of emails that are stored automatically. The continuity service is for all the mailbox accounts on the enterprise system and helps remove the troubles of sending and accessing emails while the email server is down.
It offers a 30-day trial period and removes most human effort because of the automation. You can even protect online and onsite Office 365 email servers using N-able Mail Assure.
- There is no infrastructure cost involved as the platform is cloud-based
- The tool is specially designed for MSPs and multi-users
- Automation and self-learning can minimize the hard work involved in managing the tool
- It provided dedicated protection for cloud-hosted emails servers
- Due to a wide range of functionality, it can become challenging to explore the platform
Website Link: https://www.n-able.com/products/mail-assure
CleanBrowsing offers different types of security in securing your internal network. It does not filter the web traffic but focuses on the different web pages that the users request on the network.
It operates as a DNS resolver, and the ClearBrowsing system checks the requested page for malicious content, infection, or impersonation. You can apply the DNS service to all the devices on your network to strengthen the security of your enterprise.
The data centers of ClearBrowsing are spread worldwide, which enables a faster response time and quick availability of vital information and security protocols.
You can avail of the tool’s free version to get hands-on experience as it is ideal for small businesses and home users. It can protect your network from phishing threats and gives you the freedom to block adult content. You can add your own filtering rules if you purchase one of the three paid versions of the tool to expand the horizons of your security.
You can add multiple devices and monitor them using the paid plans of CleanBrowsing. It enables you to maintain the same security levels for mobile devices. You can access the trial version to experience the features of the tools before you make the final decision.
- You don’t require an onsite software
- You have multiple block access options
- You can block specific sites for all devices on your network
- ClearBrowsing provides complete protection against phishing links so that you don’t have to face troubles and data loss
- It is unable to protect against threats outside the requested web page
4. Zscaler Web Security
A powerful Secure Web Gateway for your enterprise, Zscaler comes with a dedicated firewall, URL filtering, antivirus, anti-spam, cloud-based application control, DNS filtering, and other security features. With 120000 security updates every day, you get the latest and advanced security protection from Zscaler.
Standing out from the rest of the SWG tools, Zscaler provides robust security with in-depth analysis and inspection of SSL traffic. It has a 60-threat intelligence feed and a powerful span filter for enhancing your security wall.
The antivirus extracts signatures from the threat feeds to identify new threats to improve the security of your enterprise ecosystem. The Zscaler web security has bandwidth control capabilities to prioritize the vital application over less critical traffic.
Zscaler also has data protection features that can assist you in protecting data loss or destruction from different attacks. The file type controls and cloud application security blocker are the features that can control the users’ access and files to exit or enter your internal network.
You can access the Zscaler cloud to browse safely on the internet and avoid malicious attacks. Zscaler enables you to add multiple devices to the network as the security system is scalable and secure. You can contact the Zscaler team to get details about the pricing structure and plans.
- Cloud-based SaaS with multiple security functionalities
- Integrity monitoring and file recovery
- Checks and detects SSL traffic for malicious threats and attacks
- You need to contact the sales team for price details
- The setup can be complex
- The usability can be difficult for the new users
Website Link: https://www.zscaler.com/custom-product-demo
5. McAfee Web Gateway
McAfee Web Gateway is one of the popular tools on the list that you can use for web filtering and protection against malware. Its powerful features can help you inspect the SSL, HTTPS, HTTP traffic to spot different malicious code.
It has a powerful and robust anti-virus system with global threat intelligence to identify and neutralize viruses in different files. The McAfee Global Threat Intelligence creates a catalog of emails, IP addresses, online websites and distinguishes them based on the risk factor.
McAfee also powers your enterprise security with a dedicated data loss prevention feature. The features scan the inbound and outbound traffic, protect the business assets, and minimize the risk of data loss. It can also store vital data on the cloud with highly complex encryption layers to protect unwanted access to the files.
It has integration capabilities and can be seamlessly used with other McAfee solutions to work for your enterprise protection. McAfee solutions are McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange, McAfee Advanced Threat Defense, and McAfee Endpoint Security. You can request a free trial by contacting the McAfee team.
- Integrates with Active Directory environment
- Quick detection and elimination of threats
- Build to handle large enterprise networks
- Need to contact the sales team for the price quote
- The features are cluttered, and the usage can be overwhelming
6. Barracuda Web Security Gateway
It is an excellent tool for companies looking for SWG to protect their enterprise network from different viruses and malware. Barracuda Web Security Gateway is a security tool that helps inspect SSL traffic and even remotely filter content. It uses antivirus, threat intelligence, anti-malware, and anti-spyware to cover different online threats and prevent data loss.
It blocks content with malicious activity and checks files using its advanced threat-protection system. Barracuda SWG uses the cryptographic hash database as the standard point and compares files with it to ensure only the non-infected reaches your system.
The files that don’t match the threat intelligence feed are sent to the virtual sandbox, where it’s verified again. You can access the powerful dashboard of the platform to check the security measures, user activities, and threats on your network. The alert feature of the tool sends you notifications for different security events and threat detection to keep you updated.
You also get detailed security reports to get an overview of the security performance of the tool periodically. You can contact the company to get details about the pricing of different Barracuda Web Security Gateway versions.
- Can prevent DDoS attacks and keep them away from the enterprise infrastructure
- You can deploy the tool with multiple options like cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premises configuration
- Provides email security and encryption features
- Data visualization element can be improved and made better
- Port mapping is complex and can be made more friendly
Website Link: https://www.barracuda.com/products/websecuritygateway
7. Symantec Secure Gateway
A powerful tool to level up the security walls of your enterprise, Symantec Secure Gateway delivers a combined experience of data prevention and secure web. The features include email security, advanced threat protection, cloud access security blocker, and other robust security elements. With the help of Symantec threat detection capabilities, you can check encrypted traffic and authenticate traffic.
The real-time threat intelligence provided by Symantec can help your security wall stay up to date to prevent your internal ecosystem from the latest threats. Symantec uses image analysis and machine learning to prevent cyber attacks and malware activities. Symantec security services process 1.2 billion requests from its nine operation centers daily.
It’s a great security solution for businesses looking to enhance the security of their hybrid computing environment. You can automate threat remediation with the help of the Symantec Secure Gateway.
- Automatic threat detection and neutralization
- Extremely useful for businesses with different cloud services
- Stay up to date with security measures
- Compliance based reporting required
- You need to contact the sales team for a pricing update
8. Forcepoint Web Security
A cloud-powered security gateway that can strengthen your web security, Forcepoint provides features like data loss prevention, cloud sandboxing, URL filtering, and advanced malware detection to provide a secure shield to your internal network. Its advanced classification engine uses multiple ML, analytics, and behavioral baselines to detect advanced threats on the internet.
The advanced malware detection system is the highlight point of the tool and acts as the primary defense line for network security. It uses cloud sandboxing to minimize the effects of malware attacks on the network and retrieve the normal state.
With 100% accuracy in threat detection, it provides an advanced security ecosystem for your business. The data prevention system ensures that you don’t suffer from data loss and that your vital data is accessible. You can increase the number of users once you purchase the license of Forcepoint Web Security.
- The UI/UX of the tool is smooth and easy to use
- Behavioral analysis and fingerprinting are highly effective to strengthen the security
- Can minimize the threat and control it using a sandbox environment
- You need to get in touch with the sales representative to know the pricing
- It lacks tutorials and articles to make it easy for the beginner to use the tool to its maximum potential
These are the top SWGs you can use to strengthen your enterprise security. You can choose which one to go for based on your budget and requirements and integrate it into your business network.
Website Link: https://www.forcepoint.com/product/secure-web-gateway
Using anti-virus isn’t the solution to prevent your enterprise network from advanced and latest security threats and attacks. With the increase in the complexity of internet threats and sophisticated attacks worldwide, you need to strengthen your online business gateway.
Monitoring encrypted traffic on your enterprise network is highly important because it holds a 72% share of the network traffic. Apart from monitoring, you need to shield your data, provide a secure ecosystem to your employees and operate with effectiveness in the business world.
A dedicated Secure Web Gateway is a tailored security solution that can solve the security threats your enterprise holds.
Based on the budget, your requirements, and the functionalities of the top tools, you can now filter out the best security solution for your business.
We hope you make the best decision for your business and achieve your business outcomes with the topmost security with the help of a dedicated Secure Web Gateway.