USB flash drives are considered the handiest and most reliable solution for digitally storing data. They keep all the data secured with the help of USB Port Blocker Software. It is convenient, agile, and can be carried anywhere around the world hassle-free. They are the most light-weighted storage medium that can be used for saving pictures, music, doc files, or anything you want. This device can even be used in any laptop or system and helps access the data immediately.
That is why this device is readily available and trusted by many people. However, we cannot ignore the fact that when these devices are used in multiple systems, it might lead to a possibility of malware or infected files being stored with your data.
So, what can you do to stop them? Well! The answer to this question is USB Port Blocker Tool. Since a USB flash drive increases the possibility of malware and viruses entering the system without knowledge, the best USB Port Blocker Tool helps save the system from it. This blog is dedicated to the top 10 USB Port Locking tools. But, before getting straight into it, let’s understand the meaning and features of the tool.
Here is our list of the best USB Port Locking tools:
- USB Block – EDITOR’S CHOICE This tool sets up password requirements for peripheral devices, which includes USB memory sticks, and CD-ROMs. Approved devices get access while all other systems either get blocked or get access if the system password is provided. Runs on Windows.
- BuduLock A free security tool that protects the file in your system using a password.
- EndPoint Protector Device Control A cross-platform with a lightweight agent that enables you to remotely monitor USBs and peripheral ports using a simple web-based interface.
- NomeSoft USB Guard The best USB deactivation software that makes it easy to unblock your system ports.
- URC Access Modes An all-in-one solution that protects your system from malware and viruses. It assists you in blocking the active USB Ports from the system.
- USB Shutter A sturdy USB Lock Software that allows you to manage the enabling and disabling of USB ports of your system effectively.
- USB Disk Manager A free tool and is relatively lightweight. It keeps the system protected from getting infected by malware or threats.
- USB Write Protect An ideal USB lock software, to secure your data from theft in the office or keep any malware or viruses entering your system.
- GiliSoft USB Lock A feature-rich and intuitive USB Port Locking tool that is efficient for professional and personal purposes.
- SysTools USB Blocker The most effective USB security tool that effortlessly blocks and unblocks any USB ports on your system.
Why Block USB Ports?
We perform the connection of all external devices using a USB Port. It becomes arduous for us to identify the intention of the device due to the existing malware on the firmware of the system. And, just scanning these devices does not make any difference. Also, software patches won’t be able to take care of its security. Therefore, it becomes essential to block USB ports with the help of USB Block Software or USB Blocker.
What Is A USB Port Blocker?
A USB Port Blocker, also known as USB Block or USB Lockdown Software, automatically blocks down the USB Port from every untrusted device. Using this software, you can block or unblock the devices whenever required. This way, you tend to secure your endpoints from malware that can be the reason for the USB attack. Therefore, with the help of this software, you can restrict unauthorized devices from accessing your endpoints and other sensitive data.
Features of USB Port Locking Tools Control Software
USB Port Locking Tools Control Software has the following features:
- Device & Port Control Enables you to control all ports and connected removable devices. It also blocks any kind of unauthorized access to your data and effectively monitors all the devices and file actions.
- File Access Control It helps you prevent data loss by using strict role-based access control policies. It does it by setting read-only permission, blocking the data copying process from devices, and many more.
- File Transfer Control It curbs unprecedented data and limits file transfer by setting up the maximum file size and type of file that can effortlessly be transferred from your computer.
- Trusted Device List With the help of a USB Port Blocker, you can create exclusive access for devices so that you can access your computer. It is done by adding them to the trusted device list.
- Temporary Access You can create quick and secure access for devices so that you get information about what and when they are accessing your computer.
- Reports And Audits It enables you to maintain records of devices, users, and computers that you are managing. In addition, this software can view all the devices and data users’ activities.
- File Shadowing It secures files used in the data transfer options. It creates and stores minor copies in the password-protected shares.
- File Tracing Trace files in real-time and record salient details like file names and locations involved in computers, devices, and users.
Best USB Port Locking Tools
What should you look for in a USB port locking tool?
We reviewed the market for USB port locking systems and analyzed options based on the following criteria:
- Straightforward password protection for USB port access
- Selective controls over user data actions to protect sensitive data
- Logging for movements of data onto USB sticks
- Blocks on the movement of data or programs from USB devices
- The ability to designate approved USB devices
- A free trial to enable the system to be assessed before buying or a free tool
- Value from a tool that is well priced or a free system that is worth installing
With these selection criteria in mind, we looked for a list of efficient port locking tools that range from simple port blockers to more sophisticated sensitive data protection services.
The functionalities and specifications of the following USB Port Blocker Software are given below:
1. USB Block
USB Block Software prevents the data from getting leaked by restricting the unauthorized USB Ports, External Drives, Flash Disks, and much more. In addition, security software lets you limit all untrusted devices and whitelist the trusted ones. This way, you can protect the files, folders, photos, videos, documents, etc.
The Features of USB Block are:
- First, it secures all confidential files.
- Second, it enables you to authorize trusted USB drives and devices.
- Third, it prompts the password whenever it detects unauthorized access.
- Fourth, it helps you to monitor hackers effortlessly.
- You can also check any illegal activity on your system.
- Finally, it protects the data from being leaked from the companies’ computers.
Moreover, your device is also safe from unauthorized network computers, non-system drives, and many more by keeping all the malicious activity as far as possible from your device.
Therefore, it is advisable to install the USB Block tool on every computer in your organization. It will prevent the fundamental files from being copied illegally by your employees. Furthermore, it immediately asks for a password whenever an external device is connected to the respective PC.
- Highly detailed tool – great for sysadmins
- Can lock down CD-ROMs and other read/write areas
- Simple whitelisting with granular access controls
- Best suited for medium to large size networks
Website Link: https://store.newsoftwares.net/
USB Block is our top pick for a USB port locking tool because it has a simple strategy to managing devices and protecting devices. You set up a password for your computer and then all devices are blocked unless you or another user enters the password for access. The settings for the tool let you designate approved devices, which won’t provoke the password challenge, This control on access also extends to CD-ROMs, external drives, smart phones, and tablets. Failed login attempts are logged and other tracking actions help you watch out for hackers and data thieves.
Get a 25-session free trial: https://www.newsoftwares.net/download/usbblock1-en/usb-block-en.exe
Operating system: Windows
BuduLock is a free security tool that protects the file in your system using a password. It prevents the USB flash drives from working into the PC if the user provides an incorrect password by preventing the USB drive from working on your system. This way, no one will be able to connect the flash drive and steal your data.
The Features of BuduLock are:
- It can block and unblock folders with the help of a password.
- It can also enable or disable flash drives to prevent any stolen data or virus spread from any unauthorized use of the flash drives.
Moreover, it is straightforward and intuitive USB Port Blocker software and protects your private data. You can also lock folders and prevent them from accessing your PC, not just USB flash drives.
- Completely free
- Easy to password protect and secure USB ports
- Can allow access for certain windows of time
- Better suite for smaller networks
Website Link: https://budulock.apponic.com/
3. EndPoint Protector Device Control
If any of your sensitive data is at risk, you need to use EndPoint Protector Device Control. It is cross-platform with a lightweight agent that enables you to remotely monitor USBs and peripheral ports using a simple web-based interface. In addition, it does not impact the computer’s performance by setting policies.
The Features of Device Control are:
- It can identify devices that attempt to access your PC.
- It facilitates access to authorized devices.
- It prevents the computer from US-based malware attacks.
- Finally, it monitors the behavior of the device.
It even grants access remotely even when the computer is off when you have an entire list of log reports after getting back into the network. Moreover, it creates device whitelists and blacklists depending upon the requirement of the departments. Finally, it even defines policies per user, computer, or group for uninterrupted workflow throughout the company.
Device Control by EndPoint Protector is the initial layer of security that provides granular access rights for USB and peripheral ports.
- Cross-platform tool – Great for diverse environments
- Can remote monitor and alert to USB usage
- Supports lockdown of other peripheral ports
- Can take time to fully explore all lockdown features
4. NomeSoft USB Guard
NomeSoft USB Guard is the best USB deactivation software that makes it easy to unblock your system ports. USB protection software acts as a firewall between the USB storage medium and your PC. With this software, you can find peace of mind since it is beneficial in keeping all the malware activities and viruses from entering your system. It's an easy-to-use interface that guides you at every step throughout the process.
The Features of the NomeSoft USB Guard are:
- It protects the computer from threats spread by USB flash drives.
- It helps you discover the presence of a new device connected to the system.
- It allows you to enable or disable the blocking mode.
- Its read-only function ensures that the data cannot be copied or transferred to your computer.
- It also carries the task quickly and without any errors.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Helps prevent the spread of malware with active alerts
- Can easily toggle the blocking modes
- Not as advanced as some of the other listed tools
5. URC Access Modes
URC Access Modes, an all-in-one solution, protects your system from malware and viruses.
The Features of URC Access Modes are:
- It controls and protects USB drives and CD/DVD effortlessly.
- It covers your registry editor.
- It provides password protection to its users.
- It takes action in just a single click.
- It is simple and the most effective software.
- It is available at an accessible cost.
It assists you in blocking the active USB Ports from the system. This way, you will be able to prevent any untrusted act of data violation. No one can access or copy your private data from your system by plugging in any kind of USB flash drive. It is because this software locks down the accessibility of any source. You can also use this tool in office networks since it protects the employees from copying anything from the system. Therefore, it is one of the best USB Port Locking tools that minimize any chances of data theft and violation.
- Very detailed USB lockdown options
- Can stop the theft of intellectual property
- Gathers information that can determine if an action was malicious
- Interface could use improvement
Website Link: https://urc-access-modes.en.lo4d.com/windows
6. USB Shutter
As the name implies, USB Shutter is a sturdy USB Lock Software that allows you to manage the enabling and disabling of USB ports of your system effectively. So, if you are working as a network administrator, this tool is considered the best to prevent the risks of data violation.
The Features of USB Shutter are:
- You can disable your computer’s USB drive effortlessly.
- It also eliminates the need for installing the devices.
- It has a minimalist interface that makes it easy to access.
- It is free.
When you disable the USB Port, it restricts the employees or users from copying any sensitive information from your system. This way, all the confidential files, and data remain intact within the system walls. Also, there is less chance of your system being infected by malware or viruses.
- Simple USB port locker – great for smaller businesses
- Can restrict certain content types from being copied
- Can entirely disable USB drives
- Completely free
- Larger environments will likely want more features
Website Link: http://usbshutter.sourceforge.net/
7. USB Disk Manager
USB Disk Manager is a free tool and is relatively lightweight.
The Features of USB Disk Manager are:
- It provides USB write protection.
- It protects the files from being copied by another user.
- It immediately blocks the users who try to attempt to copy the files from the device.
- It can hide USB devices from your computer.
- It prevents the running application from forming the USB drive.
- It can altogether disable the autorun feature.
- It blocks the application from accessing a USB device.
- It comprises an auto-copy feature that allows you to install USB Disk Manager on your USB device as a portable application.
It keeps the system protected from getting infected by malware or threats. USB flash drive is a handy solution that increases the chances of viruses entering the system while transferring any data. However, USB Disk Manager disables every active USB Port of your system and enables you to overcome any risk associated with your device.
- Lightweight application – uses little system resources
- Can whitelist or completely lock down USB ports
- Can deny specific file types and executables from running
- Better suited for homes or small businesses
8. USB Write Protect
It does not matter whether you are trying to secure your data from theft in the office or keep any malware or viruses entering your system.
The Features of USB Write Protect are:
- It restricts users from creating, modifying, or deleting files on USB drives.
- It also obstructs data tampering.
- It prevents the use of personal devices by providing allow and block list.
- It audits all the files copy activities across USB devices in real-time. In addition, it provides you with a detailed report of the name, time, and location of the user who copied the file.
USB Write Protect is an ideal USB lock software. It tends to protect all the essential information or file stored on your system by removing the USB Ports and blocking the accessibility to read any USB Storage mediums. In addition, it eliminates everyone from copying data from the computer.
- One of the easiest USB blockers to use
- Great for non-technical users
- Supplies an audit for blocked devices
- Better for home or small networks
9. Gilisoft USB Lock
GiliSoft USB Lock is a feature-rich and intuitive USB Port Locking tool that is efficient for professional and personal purposes.
The Features of Gilisoft USB Lock are:
- It can block both a USB drive and SD discs.
- It prevents the optical disc from reading and burning.
- It can block websites and applications too.
- It encompasses protection features that prevent the copying of essential files.
- Its whitelist feature allows you to copy files only to the approved devices.
- Password protection prevents the application from being uninstalled.
It protects the system’s security and restricts USB flash drives and any untrusted storage medium entering the system wall. Furthermore, it seamlessly detects any other removable storage medium such as your smartphone, memory card, and USB device. It helps you prevent any kind of unauthorized data leakage from your system.
- Great user interface
- Blocks both USB ports as well as disk drives
- Offers password protection as well as full USB denial
- Can also block websites
- Better suited for larger environments
Website Link: https://www.gilisoft.com/product-usb-lock.htm
10. SysTools USB Blocker
Although SysTools USB Blocker is the last on the list, it is the most effective USB security tool that effortlessly blocks and unblocks any USB ports on your system. If this software is installed in your system, you can rest assured that no data can be entered or copied from your system. It provides you complete peace of mind by blocking unlimited USB Ports from the system. In addition, it has a straightforward and effortless user interface that allows you to access it independently without any need for technical assistance.
The Features of SysTools USB Blocker are:
- It tends to block the USB Ports to limit unwanted users from using the USB devices.
- It protects your data from being carried away in your absence.
- It is capable and efficient enough to block and unblock unlimited USB ports from the computer.
- It asks for a login password whenever you want to unblock the USB Port from the blacklist.
- Its user-friendly interface makes it effortless for beginners.
- Extremely simple tool
- Can block ports with little to no technical knowledge
- Can configure ports to require a password
- Not ideal for larger networks
Website Link: https://www.systoolsgroup.com/usb-blocker.html
Malware and Viruses can penetrate your system in multiple ways. As a result, it severely impacts the performance of the system. The ten USB as mentioned above Port locking tools enhance the security of your system and even reduce the risk of data violation. You should know that security is a crucial concern, and one should always act as a proactive approach to protecting your confidential data. Whether you are a home user or a network admin at an organization, these tools will save your working process.