For corporate workers, file sharing is a matter of routine. But, while sending a large file to the boss, colleague, or a manager, if you are suddenly met with a message on your screen along with the lines of “sorry, the file cannot be sent because it is too large”, then it will be extremely frustrating. Corporate executives are not the only ones faced with this issue, it can also be a big problem for any technical person or business person.
Oftentimes, digital designers and creatives are also faced with this problem while sending their video files or large voice files. Unfortunately, most email accounts cannot carry large files as they don't have as much storage as the users might think. A Gmail account can carry up to 25 MB of files. And it is also true that a large file eats the storage space of any device.
In this digital-based world, all problems can be solved. You can use the file-sharing tools – a convenient, secure method for sharing, transferring, or sending large files. We look at the methods we use and recommend for sending large files to colleagues.
Here are the 8 best ways to transfer, send or share large files:
- WeTransfer Web-based file transfer tool that allows you to transfer up to 2GB file with a free trial. It also allows you to secure your file with a password.
- Jumpshare The most widely used tool that allows you to transfer up to 250M of the file without any cost. It provides a drag-and-drop feature that makes your task much easier.
- FileMail Web-based and feature-reached file sharing tool that provides virus scanning, two-factor authentication, and data encryption feature.
- DropSend Simple and user-friendly file sharing tool that allows up to 4B of files per month. It is web-based so you don't need to install any software in your system.
- SendTransfer Excellent file transfer tool that allows up to 10GB of files. You don't need to create an account and able to transfer multiple files at a time.
- Citrix ShareFile Leading business-grade file sharing tool that allows the user to transfer a 100 GB file. It offers very useful features that make it a business-grade tool.
- TransferNow Secure file sharing tool that allows you to transfer video and music files easily. It is available for all devices including, Mobile, Tablets, Laptops, etc.
- Use a VPN A secure way to transfer your files and keep your online detail or activities completely confidential. It is very useful when ISP make restrictions for the uploaded file.
The best file sending, transfer & sharing methods for 2021
With an easy-to-use interface, WeTransfer is one of the well-received file-sharing tools of late. It helps the users to share any file. With only a few clicks on the mouse; this quality file transferring tool will automatically start sending files.
The website is extremely user-friendly, so you most likely won't face any difficulties while sending any file. A step-by-step wizard helps you to upload your documents.
If you are a first-time user, you can get a free trial that allows you to transfer up to 2GB. But if you want to use this efficient tool on a regular basis, you need to purchase for $12 a month or $120 per year, where you will be allowed to transfer up to 20GB of the file at a time along with 1TB of storage capacity.
- Free version generously offers 2GB of file transfers
- Great for one-off files that are too big for email systems
- Doesn’t require a download
- Doesn’t require the recipient to sign up or install anything
- Not the best option for EDI transactions or files that must remain in compliance
- Not a viable solution for site replication or server backups
With WeTransfer, you can encrypt your downloaded file by setting a unique password. This feature makes the tool more secure. Visit their website to learn more.
When you make a list of the file-sharing tools, you must put Jumpshare in the second position. The Jumpshare tool has become very popular as a fast file sender that allows the users to send up to 250 MB of files without any cost. After sharing the file, you can record the link.
Users or anyone else who has the link can access it later. Some people compare it with the 25 MB limit email service, but it must be said that there is a big difference between the two. It is an extremely user-friendly tool that no one is likely to face any problem while using the website. With drag-and-drop features, you can share the menu icon at any time. After that, the link can be copied on the clipboard for its next use.
- Easy-to-use interface uses a drag-and-drop feature
- Can send files as simple downloadable links
- No technical setup
- Can only move 25 MB of files for free
- Requires email login
- Not the best option for long-term large file transfers such as backups, replications, or EDI systems
It is a free tool, so you need not subscribe to the tool for use. If you want a real convenience to sharing or transferring your files without any technical “workarounds”, Jumpshare is the ideal choice for you. You could visit their website to read more about this file-sharing tool.
Filemail is a very convenient service. This tool has no size limitation and blazing that can slow-down the speed of file-sharing. This feature-reached file sharing tool comes with data encryption, virus scanning, and 2-factor authentication futures. So it also provides security to your file when it is sent across the web.
Filemail comes with unique features that help you to track sent and received files. You can identify who download your file, also when, and where it got downloaded. It offers a high-quality custom-made transfer protocol that offers the users blazing-fast transfer speeds. Through any web browser, torrent, FTP, smartphone app, and Filemail Desktop, anyone can download the file.
- Flexible web-based file transfer service
- Extremly easy to use – great for one-off projects
- Supports native two-factor authentication
- Can customize the platform with your own colors and branding
- Enterprises may want more access control functionality
With Filemail, you can receive any files from the others directly on your webpage. Besides these all features, it also allows you to add a logo, background image, change the color, layout to your website.
DropSend, another efficient file-sharing tool, has become well known among the people who need to transfer files regularly. It is not entirely free because you will be allowed to share up to 4GB of files free per month. But if your file is large than 4GB, you need to pay $5 per month. After paying, you will be allowed to transfer up to 8GB. It means you can get 45 standard-sized files.
With easy to use interface and easy navigation features, you can send or transfer all large files within a fraction of time. You need not install any software to run this tool.
- Easy to use interface – great for end user alternative to email
- Default 256bit AES encryption
- Simple and flexible pricing model
- Not the best option for people looking to transfer many files per month
DropSend also comes with 256bit AES Security, so your file will be completely secured when they are on the web. You can easily avoid any cybercrime with this tool.
SendTransfer is an excellent as well as most easy-to-use file transferring tool that allows you to send up to 10GB.
To transferring the files, you don’t require creating an account. You need to enter the e-mail address of users and your own. The unique feature of this tool is that it can be used by all users. The users don't need enough technical knowledge to use it.
- Extremely easy to use
- Supports files up to 10GBs
- Don’t need an account to use the service
- Lacks robust controls found in enterprise products
With SendTransfer, you can transfer multiple files at a time. With easy-to-use features, SendTransfer is considered a simple file-sharing tool than other tools.
6. Citrix ShareFile
Another efficient file transfer tool you have to consider is Citrix ShareFile. It is renowned all over the world for its networking and cloud services. Beyond this, it also provides different SaaS products.
The Citrix ShareFile is a leading file sharing tool that offers a business-grade safe file sharing service that allows the user to transfer 100 GB files. The downloaded files can be protected with a unique password. This tool comes with the ability to scan any content before transferring. Easy to use interface, and easy navigation feature makes it a business-grade file sharing tool that is well preferred by all business owners. Equipped with security features, file transfer has become safe with this technology.
- Comes with an email plugin that empowers users to send larger files without creating helpdesk tickets
- Encryption during both in transit and at rest for maximum file security
- Easy to understand pricing
- Any ‘unlimited’ storage plan is never truly unlimited
- Larger organizations may find managing files and users at scale to be difficult
So, most business owners are trying to use Citrix ShareFile, while transferring their confidentially detail or files.
TransferNow is a secure file sharing platform by which you can send your file easily and securely. It helps the users to share or transfer any heavy files including video files, photos files, your favorite music, and also your personal and professional documents files.
With TransferNow, you can take your important files everywhere you want and send them to your boss, collogue or friends. So you make quick access to all important information. It is a paid tool. By purchasing or subscribing to the TransferNow Premium, you will be able to get the extended transfer limits and some unique features like an address book, contact lists. With TransferNow, you can transfer up to 20 GB files and 50 recipients per transfer.
- A great option for SMBs
- Simple and intuitive interface – easy to navigate
- Supports files up to 20GBs sent to 50 recipients
- Works well across desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Can take time to explore all features available
This unique tool is now available on all devices such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, etc. To transferring the large file, you have to select the folders that you want to send. You have to fill a form before using TransferNow.
8. Use a VPN
Virtual Private Network stands for the VPN that is a traditional technique for sharing as well as transferring files. With this efficient technology, you can avoid the traffic management restrictions are created by the ISP or internet service provider. Most of the ISP can control bandwidth by which they can identify the size of your uploaded files
The VPN is generally utilized to encrypt the traffic. It is very useful to keep your online detail or activities completely confidential.
- Highly customizable – full control over security and data transfer
- Enables access to company files on the LAN
- Can integrate with other internal apps easier
- Requires a technician to build and manage
- Can be difficult for end users to use
If you use a VPN, your ISP will lose the ability to identify the content of the web traffic. They also lost the capability to recognize the file size and cannot impose any limit on their users. Sending or transferring the files through a VPN, you can easily overcome the problem. This connection can slow down the speed of transferring files comparatively. Though it is the traditional way, it is efficient technology.
Previously, people who don’t have any technical knowledge had taken the email service to transfer any files. But in most cases, transferring large files became impossible due to size limitations. Along with email service, most of the traditional file sharing service put the size limit on transferring the file. So it could be impossible to share or transfer the video or movie clips, music files, or other large files. Now people need to depend on a file transferring tool, which makes the transferring procedure easy and first. With this tool, it becomes easy and hassle-free to present a sample of your video, music or any other large file..