To understand and choose the best Application Patch Management Tool, you first need to understand such pervasive questions like what Patch Management tools are, what Patch Management is, what they offer you, what benefits you will get after using these tools so on.
Here’s our list of the best Application Patch Management Tools:
- SolarWinds Patch Manager – FREE TRIAL Αutomates patch installation for your Microsoft Servers, including your workstations. This Application Patch Management tool is best suitable for all businesses, from small to large.
- NinjaRMM Best suited for big-market businesses, small IT departments, Managed Service Providers (MSPs), and businesses for IT services.
- Syxsense A tool that stabilizes the Windows and laptops servers to one console, uitable for all types of businesses, from small to big.
- Atera Offers a cost-effective and disruptive high-tech model that lets you manage an unlimited number of devices and endpoints at a flexible rate.
- ManageEngine This patch management tool is best suited for all types of businesses. It has all the features to ease up patching. In addition, it automates patching processes for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- LANDesk Patch Manager A great tool that includes all the features for patching your application software very quickly.
- SysAid This tool includes all the Patch Management features for your application software. In addition, through SysAid IT Asset Management features, you can quickly patch your software servers and software application.
- Shavlik A complete suite including all the features for patch management. This Application Patch Management tool offers you two types of patch management.
- GFI LanGuard Monitors and scans your application software network servers, gives you features for patching your application software, enhancing your application security, and managing your application's vulnerability.
Patch Management helps you to keep your computers up-to-date. Updating computers is being done by obtaining the patches, testing those patches, and installing them in existing computer software and installed applications. This process of patch installing after checking thoroughly is commonly done by many software companies.
Application Patch Management tools help in adding advanced features and missing patches to already existing applications. This process also allows you to manage your computer networks easily. If you have any difficulty with any software, many software companies can check and respond to several versions of software easily using these management tools. In addition, they can very quickly fix any issues with any version of your computer or application software.
Many people have security issues while using applications or new software on their computers. With Application Patch Management Tools, companies can quickly analyze and detect any absence of security. It can also explore the already existing application software and add more features to update the applications with the latest features.
Importance of Application Patch Management Tools
After understanding what Patch Management tools are, we now need to know why we want Patch Management tools. These tools’ benefits and various advantages make us choose them for our ongoing work and updated software and applications.
Let's have a look at these exciting features we get using these management tools:
- As you can quickly analyze and detect any security issues, Patch Management tools help you organize and improve your software's security.
- You know that Patch Management tools help you in the detection of bugs in the software application. But moreover, with erasing bugs, they also give more advanced and new features to software applications with the latest features.
- You need to know which software has stopped fixing bugs for your software application. Patch Management tools detect that software and replaces it with a different one with features that can quickly detect, analyze, and fix bugs from your software.
- Now we know that Patch Management tools have the capacity and capability to detect and remove or even replace defective software; with this critical feature, it becomes easier to run your software application. It does this by reducing the rates for its decline, or faulty software can be easily detected after analysis. It can also be replaced, which can help the application software run smoothly.
- An ideal Patch Management tool installs patches to your software application regardless of your location. Whatever your location would be, you do not have to worry about whether the patch will work with your application software or not. Patch Management tools can easily install and insert patches to your software for an easy working process.
How to Choose the Best Application Patch Management Tools?
But before choosing an ideal Application Patch Management tool, you need to keep in mind some of the essential things for the smooth running of your application software, and those points are:
- Those patches could work on different devices like desktop computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Also, that patches should work on various several operating systems very quickly for your application software.
- As Application Patch Management tools add and install patches to your application software, a record should be maintained to analyze and know what patch is installed with new and advanced features.
- With all these, there should also be an automation feature that can save you time by automating several tasks that consumes time.
Key Features of Application Patch Management Tools
You should also check for some essential features of any Application Patch Management tool before choosing it for your application software. Those key elements that should be present are:
- An innate dashboard for keeping a record of all the installed and updated patches.
- Ability to consolidate or accommodate with other various tools.
- Analyzing or examining a well-built system for keeping a record about all installed patches and bugs fixing
- Most importantly, whenever we use any software, we always look for an easy-to-use tool or comfortable software to work with. The more the software and tools are easy to use, the more they will advance in application upgrades.
- The ideal tool should report all the happenings, whether regarding bug fixing or patch installation, in a straightforward way.
- Another essential feature of an ideal Application Patch Management tool is that it should have an excellent scanning feature, which can very quickly scan and detect or analyze any defects, bugs, and problems with the software. It can then remove by replacing it with a fresh one with various advanced advantages, which would be highly beneficial for your application software.
Best Application Patch Management Tools
This Application Patch Management tool is best suitable for all businesses, from small to large. This is an automation tool that automates patch installation for your Microsoft Servers, including your workstations. This tool is also suitable applied for all third-party applications.
- SolarWinds Patch Manager tool can reduce the risk regarding security at a very high level by limiting the service interruptions to your application software.
- This tool also gives you detailed reports of all the patches, updates, and installations.
- You can very quickly check and ensure whether a patch for applications would work or not.
- You can also control the patching system, like what is being patched and when.
- You can also keep other devices like your desktop computer, laptop, or tablet with the application without any crashes.
- This tool has third-party features that enable you to run your application software over different devices simultaneously.
- This tool has vulnerability management features with pre-test packages available within the tool itself.
SolarWinds Patch Manager very easily installs a patch to your Microsoft servers and workstations. In processing patches for your applications, this tool also provides detailed reports for all patch updates, installation, detection, etc. In addition, you are provided with an innate dashboard within this Patch Management tool where you can very easily keep a check on every process.
Website Link: https://www.solarwinds.com/patch-manager/registration
NinjaRMM Application Patch Manager tool is best suited for big-market businesses, small IT departments, Managed Service Providers (MSPs), and businesses for IT services. Using this Patch Management tool, you can smoothly run your application software. In addition, this tool provides a proper set of tools and features to analyze, detect, manage, secure, and monitor your software's work progress.
- This tool automates the patch management for third-party application software for Windows and macOS devices with much ease.
- You can also monitor your Windows and macOS device servers with the help of this tool.
- You can also get hardware as well as the software directories for your software application.
- This Patch Management tool has remote suite tools and features. Using these tools, you can manage all your devices remotely without interfering with end-users.
- With this powerful IT automation tool, you can easily control, analyze, and record all the patch processes with the management of all your devices without consuming much time.
NinjaRMM provides you with natural features for automated patch management for many Managed Service Provider (MSPs) and IT businesses and IT departments.
Website Link: https://www.ninjarmm.com/rmm/patch-management/
Syxsense Patch Management tool is best suitable for all types of businesses, from small to big. This Application Patch Management tool stabilizes the Windows and laptops servers to one console. As a result, you can very easily keep your laptops, desktops, and your end-users updated while making changes remotely without interrupting your users' work.
- Using this tool, you can very quickly patch everything. So every feature, every update, can be patched with much ease.
- In this tool, there are third-party application software patches also available. In addition, it supports third-party servers like Java, Adobe, and Chrome.
- Other than patching each update to your software, this tool also gives you detailed information about every installed and updated patch.
- It also provides you task summary. Moreover, it also schedules task summaries for automatic receipt.
Moreover, you can add new and latest security features and patches to reduce security risks and their issues. You can also install software application updates for your Microsoft, Windows 10 update features, Linux, and third-party application software like Java, Chrome, and Adobe.
Website Link: https://www.syxsense.com/patch-management/
This Patch Management tool is also made for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), IT departments, and IT consultants. It is a cloud-based management tool. You can work remotely on this Patch Management tool to manage updates and install patches easily.
- You can very easily manage your important tasks and servers for both Windows and macOS.
- To keep your application software and devices updated with the latest features, you can schedule recurring patches for Windows and Mac on a weekly or monthly basis.
- You can easily keep an eye and view all the patch deployment occurrences to have a task summary about your software changes.
- Moreover, you can install all the critical security features and patches for your application software.
Atera Patch Management has set a fixed price for unlimited devices. Moreover, Atera also has an Application Patch Management Automation feature. It also provides you a task summary about all the patches installed or updated.
Website Link: https://www.atera.com/lp/patch-management/
This patch management tool is best suited for all types of businesses. It has all the features to ease up patching. In addition, it automates patching processes for Windows, Mac, and Linux. You get more than 360 third-party application software updates and over 350 application software updates using this tool.
- ManageEngine Application Patch Management Tool can quickly patch over 250 third-party applications like Java, Adobe, and Chrome.
- This tool also has the features for boosting security to your application software.
- ManageEngine also gives you detailed reports for all the insights and patch installs as well as for updates.
- ManageEngine has features integrated within which tests for patches, analyses them, and approves or declines them from your software.
ManageEngine offers you a patch management task summary and detailed reports through which you can easily track and control the patching processes on your application software and devices.
Website Link: https://www.manageengine.com/patch-management/
6. LANDesk Patch Manager
LANDesk Patch Manager is a great tool that includes all the features for patching your application software very quickly. Using this tool, you can easily control and keep an eye on networks and update features for your application software.
- This tool can easily recognize and remediate OS and all outsider application weaknesses on frameworks running Windows, Red Hat, SUSE, and macOS X at the same time.
- With this Patch Management tool, a worldwide booking guarantee that gadgets are fixed at the ideal time regardless of location over a customer VPN.
- Moreover, LANDesk Patch Manager can be used in an independent mode.
This Application Patch Management tool is a perfect choice for automating your patching processes for your application software.
SysAid Patch Management Tool is best suited for all types of businesses. This tool includes all the Patch Management features for your application software. In addition, through SysAid IT Asset Management features, you can quickly patch your software servers and software application.
- SysAid Patch Management tool helps you to patch your servers using OEM technology. As a result, you can quickly patch everything without consuming much of your time.
- IT Administrators can get a detailed report about all the patch processes and deployment of these patches for all active IT Assets.
- You can also customize features to patch your application software according to your needs.
- This tool also gives you detailed reports to track and check all the patch processes and updating features.
Moreover, this tool is also used to update your Windows software server and Desktop computer software servers to install the latest and advanced features and patches.
Shavlik is a complete suite including all the features for patch management. This Application Patch Management tool offers you two types of patch management. One is Shivalik Protect+ empower, and the second is Shivalik Patch.
You can patch third-party application software with the help of this tool. In addition, this tool offers you an agentless patching process.
- This tool sends patches to your physical or virtual resources, including Microsoft Windows, macOS X, and an outsider from a focal, natural control center.
- You can anticipate first-class results using this Patch Management tool when building far-reaching patch strategies.
- Shavlik Patch Management boosts your interest in SCCM by adding an outsider fixing with an extra local answer for SCCM. It also diminishes the danger and risk of an unpatched outsider or third-party applications software.
9. GFI LanGuard
GFI LanGuard Patch Management tool secures your network and reduces the risk for threats. You can easily monitor and scan your application software network servers.
This Patch Management tool gives you features for patching your application software, enhancing your application security, and managing your application's vulnerability.
- You can automatically patch third-party software applications using this tool like Firefox, Mozilla, Adobe Reader, Chrome, and much more.
- Checking for software vulnerability is very important to avoid software crashing. Using this Patch Management tool, you can keep a check on over 60000 vulnerabilities for your application software.
- Viewing and controlling the network is the second important thing to avoid any bugs in your application software. This tool helps you to view networks through its network auditing features.
Application Patch Management tools are very beneficial for detecting and deploying patches to your application software.
SolarWinds Patch Manager, GFI LanGuard, NinjaRMM, and ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus are the top-recommended Application Patch Management software. In addition, ManageEngine provides your free plans, and their pricing is also based on the number of servers if you are looking for advanced and updated features.
We have concluded the best Patch Management tools for you in this article. So look for what suits you and your business the best and start patching your software.
Related Post: Best Patch Management Tools and Software