Eraser tool is a advanced utility for cleaning a Windows hard-disk and removing any sensitive information that can be found on the hard-disk . The tool goes a step further than most hard-disk formatting tools by overwriting your hard disk multiple times before completing.
The process writes different patterns to your disk to ensure that all sensitive data is completely overwritten, as most network engineers and forensic personnel know, erasing your data doesn't actually mean its gone. Many IT Admins realize this when they delete logs files and notice that Hard-disk space has not been reclaimed when viewing disk space metrics within their Server monitoring tools – which then could cause down time if server HDD fill up.
The methods used to effectively Erase the hard-disk are published standards that are used by governmental agencies and such, which include the following standards:
- Peter Gutmann’s paper Secure Deletion of Data from Magnetic and Solid-State Memory
- National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual of the US Department of Defense
- Simple pseudorandom data.
Some great features and functionality that this program has are as follows:
- Creating Tasks
- Selecting Data to Erase
- Creating Recurring Tasks
- Importing/Exporting Tasks
- Running Tasks
- Using the Eraser Command Line
- Creating Custom Erasure Methods
- Erase Browser Caches
- Erase the Recycle Bin
- Erase the Page File and Encrypt the Page File
Official Download Links:
Other Related Links & Articles:
- Top SCP Servers for Secure Copy Protocol file Transfers
- SFTP Servers for Secure File Transfers
- TFTP Servers for Trivial File Transfer
- Top 10 Server monitoring Tools & Software for Monitoring Windows, Linux, Unix and other Servers
- LAN Monitoring Tools for your Local LAN and more!
- SNMP Monitoring Software and Tools for Management and more!